Coyote today

Coyotes kill livestock and pets.a lot of people don't realize they also destroy crops, as is the case with the fruit farm I live across the road from.they ruin the deer and turkey population in the area and have occasionally attacked children. F*** them !

I don't understand where we can have a thread here that is a 100 posts long about someone who's dog died with all you guys + repping and saying how a dog is a family member and "it's like loosing a child " and a couple of threads lower everyone loves seeing the same dog shot.
There is no difference between your dog and that coyote other than a collar you put o it.

are you joking? Most hunters on this thread would shoot a coyote if they saw one and it was legal. Their populations are way up, and they are a very destructive pest. And for some reason, they are getting bolder and starting to attack people if they are in a pack.

Bring back the bounty on those pests! Way to close to populated areas for the health of humans and the health of yotes.

PS...F PETA!!!!!

F*** the people that can't deal with them! I have had them around my house for five years. Singles don't bother me or my dog.

I just don't trust when they start to pack up. A little thinning of the herd now and then and we get along just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really. Most dogs kept as pets doesn't kill cats, small dogs and livestock. The reason most states allow you to kill coyotes all year long is they are classified as a menace and a predator. If you think a coyote is a pet, go catch one and put it in the living room with your kids.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Damn, never thought about that. Christmas gift for the ex!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really. Most dogs kept as pets doesn't kill cats, small dogs and livestock. The reason most states allow you to kill coyotes all year long is they are classified as a menace and a predator. If you think a coyote is a pet, go catch one and put it in the living room with your kids.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

This. That's like saying that the only difference between a law abiding citizen and a murderer is the law. Without the law, he would be just like you.

Great looking pelt Tim L. I had 2 yotes about 50yrds from me friday but they were in the thick and moved away.

your dog may still be alive but if the police shot it , there would be 10 pages of upset people here.
I understand shooting an animal for food. i just don't get killing something just for fun.
your dog = coyote minus your leash

There's a major difference between wild & domesticated animals.

your dog may still be alive but if the police shot it , there would be 10 pages of upset people here.
I understand shooting an animal for food. i just don't get killing something just for fun.

City folk

I don't understand where we can have a thread here that is a 100 posts long about someone who's dog died with all you guys + repping and saying how a dog is a family member and "it's like loosing a child " and a couple of threads lower everyone loves seeing the same dog shot.
There is no difference between your dog and that coyote other than a collar you put o it.

If your house was infested with rats, or the garden that you toil over, was being devastated by gophers, what would you do? If you say you'd call an exterminator, that's fine, but what do you think they do. That's right, kill them. These are just bigger vermin...and can be dangerous, as well.

I get what you're saying, but they have no place in the inhabited areas they've taken up residence in.

I would have no problem shooting one on sight while out in the woods. I don't even know what I would do with it after that. I'm all set with skinning it and selling the pelt for like all of 5 or 10 bucks. Probably bring it home and throw it in the trash, or just leave it in the woods.

I've actually thought about trying coyote hunting. Being able to use bait, electronic calls, and my AR just sounds lot a recipient for fun in my book.

maybe what little I do keeps a pet safe, helps a fawn grow up, etc

What ? Wait! You mean the meat fairy isn't real?

Hey, stop with the gay bashing. [laugh]

- - - Updated - - -

I would have no problem shooting one on sight while out in the woods. I don't even know what I would do with it after that. I'm all set with skinning it and selling the pelt for like all of 5 or 10 bucks. Probably bring it home and throw it in the trash, or just leave it in the woods.

I've actually thought about trying coyote hunting. Being able to use bait, electronic calls, and my AR just sounds lot a recipient for fun in my book.

maybe what little I do keeps a pet safe, helps a fawn grow up, etc

So we can kill it later. [smile]

Sounds good, if i was actually coyote hunting I probably would bring a 12 guage with buckshot.
UOTE=Boghog1;3585748]Sounds like a great time for a winter campout with ARs[/QUOTE]

not to far from you at the 495/s Rt 38 ramp all along the right shoulder there is a LARGE den. I will bring the collar and leash you put it on the yot!!
How many "lost" cat and dog signs do you see in your commute? Most of them are dead and in coyote dung. Oh and they eat there meal fresh as in still moving!!
Years ago I walked into a feeding frenzy of yots and a deer. You have NO IDEA what these eating machines can do.

Dog eats new owner's testicle in Arkansas, then gets euthanized

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/lo...sas-then-gets-euthanized#ixzz2mGHWQ6paTRUMANN, Ark. - A paralyzed Arkansas man who recently took in a stray dog woke up to find his new pet had eaten one of his testicles, according to a KAIT 8 report.
The 39-year-old man, who slept in the nude, woke up Monday morning with a burning pain in his abdomen at 7:45 a.m.
When he looked down, he saw his pet in between his legs and noticed the dog had blood on his front feet and muzzle.
Upon further inspection, he realized the dog had eaten a testicle. The man, who is paralyzed from the waist down, was taken to a local hospital to get treatment.
Police took the dog to a local vet and it was euthanized. The dog was sent to the state’s health department to get tested for rabies.

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/lo...n-arkansas-then-gets-euthanized#ixzz2mGHNtnf3

I'm thinking maybe dogs and coyotes aren't that far apart
I changed my mind. I would shoot all those bitches if they went for my junk

We should all take one, if given the chance.

They are in season until March. Everyone who's looking to justify their AR-15 to their wives, and who has a hunting license, should be out trying for them. Zombie-Max .223 is wicked accurate.

Dog eats new owner's testicle in Arkansas, then gets euthanized

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/lo...sas-then-gets-euthanized#ixzz2mGHWQ6paTRUMANN, Ark. - A paralyzed Arkansas man who recently took in a stray dog woke up to find his new pet had eaten one of his testicles, according to a KAIT 8 report.
The 39-year-old man, who slept in the nude, woke up Monday morning with a burning pain in his abdomen at 7:45 a.m.
When he looked down, he saw his pet in between his legs and noticed the dog had blood on his front feet and muzzle.
Upon further inspection, he realized the dog had eaten a testicle. The man, who is paralyzed from the waist down, was taken to a local hospital to get treatment.
Police took the dog to a local vet and it was euthanized. The dog was sent to the state’s health department to get tested for rabies.

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/lo...n-arkansas-then-gets-euthanized#ixzz2mGHNtnf3

I'm thinking maybe dogs and coyotes aren't that far apart
I changed my mind. I would shoot all those bitches if they went for my junk

Really? There are 83 MILLION pet dogs in the United States alone. Go find 100 or even a 1000 more stories like that (I doubt you can find 100) and then do the math, it will be a TINY percentage of domesticated dogs that behave like this and so small that it might as well be zero. Now go find me a coyote that is vegan and/or procures and pours its own dog food. Yeah, that number WILL be zero. They live by killing small animals and other game, including domesticated livestock and people's pets.

I just don't get how you can even think they are the same thing. If you are anti-hunting, then I can get that. You get to have that opinion. But to continually suggest that dogs and coyotes (and wolves?) are the same animal is just unfathomable to me. That is like saying rats and gerbils are the same thing. Most would actively seek out and kill rats if they had a rat problem. They are vermin, so are coyotes. The best part is that I don't have a dog in this hunt (pun intended), but I just can't deal with such blind adherence to a logically broken argument. But yes, it is your right to have that opinion, as amazingly crazy as it may be.

Cheers, give your cats a pet for me

[smile]

Make your loved one a thoughtful Christmas present like this:

il_570xN.533494456_6zlx.jpg

They'll love you for it.

Open season on faux-wolves, plus night hunting season runs 1/1-3/31 in NH

Coyotes are not dogs. Recent studies of 'yote DNA found no interbreeding between the Eastern Coyote and domestic dogs.
Jonathan G. Way said:
Most of the animals were box-trapped in eastern Massachusetts. "The results seem to show that, on average, roughly 10 to 15 percent of the genetic makeup of our Eastern coyotes is Eastern wolf," he said. "However, some of the individuals studied were almost pure Eastern wolf." Way is the author of "Suburban Howls: Tracking the Eastern Coyote in Urban Massachusetts."

So basically, Tim L shot a wolf. If you talk to a NH granddad, he'll tell you that when he was a kid, there were no coyotes in New Hampshire. He'd be right, and lots of farmers would love to see those days again, as long as it doesn't mean the wolves come back.

I bet if you raised a coyote from a pup you could train it the same as a dog. I wasnt really saying that we should welcome them into the house.I was just pointing out that they have proven to be very smart and social animals. what I was going after was the fact that they have the same traits that make you love your pooch.
This has gone further than I thought. I really don't give a crap, and I hate cats. That's another reason to like coyotes they eat cats.
I wish I could get my point across clearer. in my eyes coyotes and dogs show very similar traits. Their intelligence is par.
I only see them in my yard chafing mice.im ok with that. Oh yeah, rats are smarter and better pets then hamsters and gerbils. If it were really up to natural selection, rats and yotes would own our fuzzy friends.
Il stop trolling now
I'm all about doing what you want or like.

Back
Top Bottom