• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cougar Spotted in Alstead, NH

9mm right? I heard they're good for bear [laugh]
This guy killed 668 cougars. Mostly with a Luger from the story I read in American Hunter. [laugh]
P8150002.jpg

That NH pic looks believable. Being from an old school bad camera, the publication might have tried to blow it up and it starts looking weird. Smaller image appears credible.

-Also, if he faked it with a stuffed one, what did he have to gain? What was his motive if he remained anonymous?

Last edited:
Yes, this is simply "another" escaped pet mountain lion. Nothing to see here. Move along folks,

When exactly did Petco start selling all these Mountain Lions ? [laugh]

This guy killed 668 cougars. Mostly with a Luger from the story I read in American Hunter. [laugh]
P8150002.jpg

That NH pic looks believable. Being from an old school bad camera, the publication might have tried to blow it up and it starts looking weird. Smaller image appears credible.

-Also, if he faked it with a stuffed one, what did he have to gain? What was his motive if he remained anonymous?

Well if you line em up a luger will shoot through atleast 5 people [wink]

Sure those arent bobcats?

Never mind being charged by the state, The Feds will take over the case and charge you under the "Endangered Species Act" Can you say "FELONY" and "Prohibited Person"

Stupid question, but if you where hypothetically roaming the woods for whatever reason and one came upon you and looked like it was about to attack you (Hissing, positioning etc) and you shot it, would you still be found guilty?

I'm not implying anyone goes South Park style and shout "It's coming right for us!" whenever they see one, I'm just asking about legitimate self defense.

Stupid question, but if you where hypothetically roaming the woods for whatever reason and one came upon you and looked like it was about to attack you (Hissing, positioning etc) and you shot it, would you still be found guilty?

I'm not implying anyone goes South Park style and shout "It's coming right for us!" whenever they see one, I'm just asking about legitimate self defense.

Not saying this has happened to me but if you were about to be pounced on and potentially mauled to death would you even worry about anything other than saving your life? Assuming you didn't shit your pants and just stand there you would try to stop an attack if you were fast enough to get off a shot or two.......just my two cents and probably worth less

SSS ?

Not saying this has happened to me but if you were about to be pounced on and potentially mauled to death would you even worry about anything other than saving your life? Assuming you didn't shit your pants and just stand there you would try to stop an attack if you were fast enough to get off a shot or two.......just my two cents and probably worth less

Well I know what I'd do. Tactically shit my pants while I run away, draw, and hope to JMB that I can hit it when it charges at me. But I was just curious if the .gov would jail you for it.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2436_3BRlA&feature=related

South park style. I couldn't find a better video so please just ignore the black text in order to get a good idea of what I mean.

Just once, I would like to see one person with a half decent camera take a half decent picture
of these (and other) critters in denial by the wildlife professionals.

It seems that all the outdoors enthusiasts are a bunch of morons when it comes to cameras.

I do have a friend that works (volunteers) in one of the NH park systems that swears he has
seen cougar (and he is proficient with a camera) but says he has not had an opportunity to
take a picture just yet,.

I will take a picture of the cougar who frequents our neighborhood when the wife isn't around....yesterday, the cougar was wearing a pink top that showed mucho skin and white tights.....long, shapely legs...very pleasant sighting.

I'm with others here, you really don't want any official acknowledgement. If the EPA (or whatever alphabet agency has "authoritay") comes in they will make life difficult for hunting and who knows what else.

my younger brother is friends with a NH CO and this CO has personally seen a cougar in the Ossipee area. NH F&G is scared shitless about cougars in NH and they are doing everything possible to keep it hush-hush...eventually someone will be killed by one and then the F&G won't be able to hide behind their facade...heck, I remember back in the late 60's seeing and hearing coyotes in our fields in Twin Mt and F&G declaring that coyotes were no longer in NH and hadn't been for years...full well knowing they were there.

Back
Top Bottom