• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cougar Spotted in Alstead, NH

Or maybe they would take the carcass, bury it somewhere, and tell you to get lost. If they arrest/charge someone, then there is a record and the lion or whatever it is, is now evidence. Better to tell someone to go screw.

It would be like that mountain lion that got hit on the road in CT -- they would just claim that it was a privately owned pet that got loose.

I lived in California for 2 1/2 years and trust me they are not "pets". If you ever spoke to someone who became the "hunted" as opposed to the hunter you would know exactly what I mean and I wish I didn't know. Cats, big and small are hunters and the big ones will hunt anything they feel they can kill and eat

I lived in California for 2 1/2 years and trust me they are not "pets". If you ever spoke to someone who became the "hunted" as opposed to the hunter you would know exactly what I mean and I wish I didn't know. Cats, big and small are hunters and the big ones will hunt anything they feel they can kill and eat

No argument there. http://www.angelfire.com/co/KlueLass/lions/peterson.htm

They are predators and we look like food.

If it was film then the image was scanned. The image seems rather pixelated and is likely not a high quality scan.

Having said that if the guy has had problems with F&G he might be wanting to eff with them too.

derek:2524472 said:
Kinda weird about Fish & Game, not sure what the issue is but I would like to know.

Fish & Game admits they are in Canada just over the border from NH, but they are not in NH yet. Those cougars must know where the border is....:confused:

I lived there for 18, and you'll get no argument from me. I used to go watch him in it's pen in the hopes that it would finally turn on him and eat his arm, but it never happened, sadly. If they ever successfully domesticate the cheetah, I'd be interested, but even if it were 1/5th it's size, I'd be leery of one. Wild animals are wild for a reason.

I lived there for 18, and you'll get no argument from me. I used to go watch him in it's pen in the hopes that it would finally turn on him and eat his arm, but it never happened, sadly. If they ever successfully domesticate the cheetah, I'd be interested, but even if it were 1/5th it's size, I'd be leery of one. Wild animals are wild for a reason.

Cheetah's have been tamed -- not that I think it is a very good idea, mind you. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheetah#Taming

The DNA from the cats in NH (and one in MA) has consistently shown that these are captive cats that people released.

Personally I think it would cool to see them come back and eat some deer, but I think fish and game position is reasonable at this point.

Nt5iBVc_aE2cJ3bPniCFpA2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom