Cop Kill 5-Year Old Boy

Because a snake scared a girl, the "authorities" are called in. When faced with this situation, here's an ordered list of what they should have done:

1. Leave the snake alone and tell the girl to go home, then leave.
2. Wait for it to come down and step on it.
3. Spray it with water, knock it down and step on it.
4. Throw a stick at it, knock it down and step on it.
5. Spray it with pepper spray, wait for it to fall, and step on it.
1,000,000. Shoot at it.

I'd amend that list by making # 2 about # 10 by repeating # 1 nine more times. [rolleyes]

So what do these shit-kicking redneck cowboys decide to do? Yup. Shoot at it. Twice. Without knowing what was beyond their target. If I saw somebody do this at my range, I'd have them thrown off for life.

The shooter should go to jail, and whoever is responsible for hiring and training him should be fired. They should also fine the idiot that called the cops in the first place. Maybe then people would learn to fend for themselves just a little bit.

Roger that.

Well in this case it was supposed to be a Diamond back Rattler. So a little different than the squirell.

Still doesn't matter if it was a damn bull rhino, the 4 rules always apply!!!

The 4 rules were the first thing that came to my mind as well.
This guy broke three of them.

Never let the muzzle of a firearm point at anything you are not willing to destroy.

Be sure of your target and what is behind it.

Keep your finger off the trigger unless your sights are on the target.

Well in this case it was supposed to be a Diamond back Rattler. So a little different than the squirell.

Yeah, a rabid squirrel would be much more likely to attack without provocation than would a Diamondback. I grew up on the edge of the Mojave desert, and rattlers were about as common as skunks around here. Simply slowly backing away will work at least as reliably as a couple of rounds of 230 grain .45ACP will for Mongo.

Ken

I dont chime in much around here but I agree with Mike.
The man who fired that weapon is soully responsible for where his rounds impact.
(as are we all.)
A young boy is dead because of his stupidity.
Of course he will live with that fact as long as he lives.
Still he should be dealt with properly.

Except that I would use the more conventional spelling of "solely," I concur 100%

It's not only the officer's obvious stupidity but the gross negligence of the City and the police chief.
These things happen when the only real & serious firearms training (including firearm safety) an officer receives is in the academy. A once a year qual with an overview of range rules and nothing more doesn't accomplish anything.
Everyone knows that most LEOs look at their firearm as just another tool and safety just isn't drilled into the brain as it should be.

I can't find the link but one of the cable networks had a clip that actually showed the bird house and it was attached to what looked like a car port or porch that was part of the house! Not out in a tree in the backyard and the Cop shot at it.

On top of this a person they interviewed in the clip claimed the snake got into the bird house and ate some chicks resulting in the snake being stuck in the bird house since part of its body was now larger then the diameter of the hole in the bird house it entered. So presumeably this snake was stuck and not going to hurt anyone.

The story is heart-breaking but when you see how close to the house(s) this bird house was and then hear someone say the snake was stuck in the bird house it is incomprehensible that anyone, particularly a cop decided the best solution was to squeeze off a few rounds.......gross negligence

I want to sentence that idiot cop to watch the interview with the grandfather - over and over again. At least once a day for the rest of his life.

That poor grandfather. I can't even imagine what he's going through.

Back
Top Bottom