Constitutional Carry tracker.

I don't expect that they will. You can bring a gun with you since no permit is required to own and possess. What you can't do is carry concealed anywhere other than where you are staying. By which I mean in your room.

Yeah, it's a PITA. We go at least once a year to visit my our son and his family. He has a SC CCW permit, but I don't qualify as we don't live in a contiguous state and I don't own property down there. You have to own, even if you don't live there. In fact, if you bought a vacant lot you'd qualify. I know, because I've taken the SC CCW class and have looked at vacant lots.

Could SC pass it and signed by the governor by May please? We’re going to Hilton Head in May and I would appreciate that.

Thaaaaaanks

Other than they don't. Frankly the only way that will happen with guns is if either SCOTUS or Congress forces it. I'd be okay if SCOTUS did it, but I can only think that any federal law will mandate classes, testing, fees, and likely some sort of insurance mandate. No thanks.

For states who insist on having a LTC, those licenses should be treated like a driver's license, so that they are recognized in every state. There is absolutely no reason to treat a gun license any different than a driver's license.

I don't expect that they will. You can bring a gun with you since no permit is required to own and possess. What you can't do is carry concealed anywhere other than where you are staying. By which I mean in your room.

Yeah, it's a PITA. We go at least once a year to visit my our son and his family. He has a SC CCW permit, but I don't qualify as we don't live in a contiguous state and I don't own property down there. You have to own, even if you don't live there. In fact, if you bought a vacant lot you'd qualify. I know, because I've taken the SC CCW class and have looked at vacant lots.

Oh I’m bringing one with me, and I guess I’ll CC around the house with my kids, my cousins and their kids and do tactical barrel rolls that I learned on NES.

All jokes aside it’s amazing to me that every southern state isn’t constitutional carry already.

There is a long history of very restrictive gun control in the south. Laws were of course unevenly applied, but they were still restrictive.

Aside from the revenue from the permitting process, the Democrats who ran the south from the end of the Civil War until fairly recently had specific groups that they didn't want to own guns. In fact, that's the same reason that Democrats in Washington pushed "Saturday Night Specials" legislation.

Oh I’m bringing one with me, and I guess I’ll CC around the house with my kids, my cousins and their kids and do tactical barrel rolls that I learned on NES.

All jokes aside it’s amazing to me that every southern state isn’t constitutional carry already.

Oh man let's see if he cucks out, he expanded stand your ground last year and he is facing a primary so there's definitely some pressure here

Oh man let's see if he cucks out, he expanded stand your ground last year and he is facing a primary so there's definitely some pressure here

It passed by big margins, I think he’ll look at that and understand the party position and sign it.

Next up Indiana, Georgia, Alabama and Florida. Alabama and Georgia are the likely next two.

One step closer in Alabama.
Repeal of Alabama’s concealed carry permit requirement passes Senate

The Senate version goes back to the house becasue they added some cash for sheriff's that were whining about lost revenue. The House passed their version by a wide margin. So it looks like we'll have to wait another week before it goes to the governor.

As I recall from when my son lived down there, that was the major objection by the Sheriffs. Since they issue the permits, they get to keep the money. I went to the court house annex with my son when he went to renew. It was $35.00/year then and the process took about five minutes.

PA is essentially the same process, although they only charge $20.00 for five years.

One step closer in Alabama.
Repeal of Alabama’s concealed carry permit requirement passes Senate

The Senate version goes back to the house becasue they added some cash for sheriff's that were whining about lost revenue. The House passed their version by a wide margin. So it looks like we'll have to wait another week before it goes to the governor.

It passed by big margins, I think he’ll look at that and understand the party position and sign it.

Next up Indiana, Georgia, Alabama and Florida. Alabama and Georgia are the likely next two.
As I recall from when my son lived down there, that was the major objection by the Sheriffs. Since they issue the permits, they get to keep the money. I went to the court house annex with my son when he went to renew. It was $35.00/year then and the process took about five minutes.

PA is essentially the same process, although they only charge $20.00 for five years.

There’s still a lot of republicans who are former democrats from when the south was all democrats. They still want to control people. The sheriffs who oppose it are likely all old and were democrats pre 1990s and still have that democrat mindset.

If there is no "permit" (a right shouldn't require a permission slip to exercise it anyway) then whomever in the sheriff's office is issuing them can be tasked with some other more important duties.....like solving criminal cases.

The money aspect of it is a pittance.....they could probably hold a w couple of weekend barbecues and accept donations and raise more money than what is taken in for permits annually.

If there is no "permit" (a right shouldn't require a permission slip to exercise it anyway) then whomever in the sheriff's office is issuing them can be tasked with some other more important duties.....like solving criminal cases.

The money aspect of it is a pittance.....they could probably hold a w couple of weekend barbecues and accept donations and raise more money than what is taken in for permits annually.

While the staff doing permits would be less busy it is not like permits are going away altogether. Some residents of Ohio are still going to want them for reciprocity. For instance if you live in Lucas County Ohio chances are you cross over into Michigan frequently and would need an Ohio CWP to carry in MI.

🐯

In Alabama it's civilian employees who issue the permits along with their other duties. But, I don't want to confuse you with pesky facts.

It won't be because of lost revenue if constitutional carry does not ever pass in SC as there is no fee as of 8/15/21.

Could SC pass it and signed by the governor by May please? We’re going to Hilton Head in May and I would appreciate that.

Thaaaaaanks
It won't happen. At least not before May. We need to primary a few RINOs or flip a few seats. Nine Senate RINOs joined all the Democrats to kill the amendment to the Open Carry bill (which eventually passed) that would have made it CC. One has since died. So sad.

What you can do without a CWP in SC is carry within your vehicle as long as it is in a closed container integral to your vehicle, i.e., a glove box or console. Purse, backpack, etc. will get you jammed up.

While driving through NC, you can carry in a vehicle without their license as long as it is not concealed. It must be out in the open. It makes for a lot of instantaneous switches at the exact line of the border.

Attachments

• 6B6C4EB0-5A4A-46FA-A7AE-71487243CF3A.png
    6B6C4EB0-5A4A-46FA-A7AE-71487243CF3A.png
    199.1 KB · Views: 10

Oh snap, I said it might be 25 states this year, I should have said, 25 states by next week :p

Unfortunately it doesn’t take effect until January.

From the article, a Bloomberg puppet. “One thing has been made crystal clear — Alabama lawmakers will stop at nothing to appease the gun lobby,” Paula Wilson, a volunteer with the Alabama chapter of Moms Demand Action, said in a statement. “They’re willing to do the bidding of extremists, even if it means jeopardizing the lives of our families and first responders.”

Other than very liberal states, these anti 2A hens are losing everywhere.

Georgia and Florida needs to graft a spine into their RINOs in the legislature and get it passed this year. Having 26 out of 50 states with Constitutional Carry going into 2023 would be sweet assuming Indiana and Ohio's Governors don't successfully veto.

Alabama is one of the most conservative states in the Union. In 2016 they went 80/20 Trump and I believe that they did the same in 2020. It's a big, no huge gun and hunting state. Paula Wilson could well be the ONLY member of Moms Demand Action in Alabama. [rofl]

Unfortunately it doesn’t take effect until January.

From the article, a Bloomberg puppet. “One thing has been made crystal clear — Alabama lawmakers will stop at nothing to appease the gun lobby,” Paula Wilson, a volunteer with the Alabama chapter of Moms Demand Action, said in a statement. “They’re willing to do the bidding of extremists, even if it means jeopardizing the lives of our families and first responders.”

Other than very liberal states, these anti 2A hens are losing everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom