• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Constitutional Carry tracker.

Alabama's CC bill looks like a gun control bill in disguise.

from this thread on another board

Originally Posted By Shia:

It makes duty to inform
Give automatic Reasonable Articulable Suspicion (RAS) at the presence of a firearm,
Legal to disarm
Illegal to touch a firearm in presence of officer
It gives force of law to signs on private property
Makes any weapon that shoots shot shells a shotgun

Originally Posted By Shia:

It also expands the ban of any “courthouse or courthouse annex” to include the office of any elected official.

I don't know what happened to Hoover's post, but he had a link debunking the "gun control" narrative in the Alabama law.

Back when I lived in NH in the early 1970s, even police officers were prohibited from carrying guns inside Concord district court. As to binding signage, it's interesting to see the freedom loving hypocrites complain about people being able to control who does what on their own private property. If someone posts their business "no guns" then go somewhere else.

I don't know what happened to Hoover's post, but he had a link debunking the "gun control" narrative in the Alabama law.

Back when I lived in NH in the early 1970s, even police officers were prohibited from carrying guns inside Concord district court. As to binding signage, it's interesting to see the freedom loving hypocrites complain about people being able to control who does what on their own private property. If someone posts their business "no guns" then go somewhere else.
It is fine for an owner of private property to post their property as such. That is not the point of discussion. It should be a simple trespass issue. If you are observed with a firearm you can be asked to leave and you would be expected to do so. As to it being a criminal offense just for ignoring the signage? NO!!!
As to The Concord Court, That is a court issue, that some left winged presiding justice decreed.

How many "Left Wing" judges were there in NH in the early 1970s? [rofl]

There was at least one comment about Alabama allowing private property owners being able to bar firearms on their property and how bad that was. Lots of pro 2A states have similar laws with various requirements for notifications and penalties.

I used to go to Alabama regularly and it's a very 2A friendly state.

It is fine for an owner of private property to post their property as such. That is not the point of discussion. It should be a simple trespass issue. If you are observed with a firearm you can be asked to leave and you would be expected to do so. As to it being a criminal offense just for ignoring the signage? NO!!!
As to The Concord Court, That is a court issue, that some left winged presiding justice decreed.

I deleted it. The poster on AR15.com exaggerated some but after reading the bill, some things were accurate. There is no cure duty to inform, the CC bill adds that. I’m not sure if you only need to inform if you don’t have a conceal carry license or if it now applies in all cases.

Other stuff isn’t new. Courts have ruled cops can disarm a person for officer safety, so that existed prior to this bill. Binding signage is a property rights thing that is big in the south. illegal to knowingly touch your firearm when contacted by police. That’s pretty much common sense, pretty stupid to touch your weapon in that situation.

I think that poster hyped things and was somewhat misleading. If he thinks that’s gun control, he’s never been to a blue state.

Here’s a link to the law. http://alisondb.legislature.state.al.us/ALISON/SearchableInstruments/2022RS/PrintFiles/218888-2.pdf

Constitutional carry passed the first round in Nebraska, I’m not familiar with the process there so I don’t know the next steps. Nebraska has a single body legislature they do not have a house and senate. The governor has said he will sign it if it gets to his desk.

Constitutional carry passed the first round in Nebraska, I’m not familiar with the process there so I don’t know the next steps. Nebraska has a single body legislature they do not have a house and senate. The governor has said he will sign it if it gets to his desk.

From what I can tell there is another round of debate on amendments to the bill and then it goes to the Governor. I guess doing the opposite of the usual process in a unicameral legislature was deliberate to prevent bribing everyone with amendments to get the votes needed to pass a bill.

From what I can tell there is another round of debate on amendments to the bill and then it goes to the Governor. I guess doing the opposite of the usual process in a unicameral legislature was deliberate to prevent bribing everyone with amendments to get the votes needed to pass a bill.

I have no idea. Then vote to pass it through to the next step was overwhelming so hopefully that portends to a positive vote(s) to approve it.

Like many of these states, constitutional carry in Nebraska is just a matter of timing. If it doesn’t make it through, it will in the next few years. We’ve seen this in states like Utah, Alabama, Montana, etc. it will pass in Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Louisiana and North Carolina with the next GOP governor.

Like many of these states, constitutional carry in Nebraska is just a matter of timing. If it doesn’t make it through, it will in the next few years. We’ve seen this in states like Utah, Alabama, Montana, etc. it will pass in Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Louisiana and North Carolina with the next GOP governor.
Redistricting is going so bad in PA thanks to the corrupt judiciary that along with industrial scale fraud in cities that state I'm not sure it won't become an extension of New York State in 2022. The GoP establishment in PA is like GA, MI, in terms of lacking an understanding of the peril they are in.

Wisconsin, Louisiana, and North Carolina definitely will pass it with an (R) Governor if the legislature stays the same or better.
GA needs to get it done now to fortify the state.
FL probably needs DeSantis to suggest the legislature get off their asses and get something on his desk.

Redistricting is going so bad in PA thanks to the corrupt judiciary that along with industrial scale fraud in cities that state I'm not sure it won't become an extension of New York State in 2022. The GoP establishment in PA is like GA, MI, in terms of lacking an understanding of the peril they are in.

Wisconsin, Louisiana, and North Carolina definitely will pass it with an (R) Governor if the legislature stays the same or better.
GA needs to get it done now to fortify the state.
FL probably needs DeSantis to suggest the legislature get off their asses and get something on his desk.

The PA Supreme Court and the NC Supreme Court are two of the worst in the country, very activist. The GOP knocked off one of the dems in NC in 2020. I believe a few more are up in the next few elections and should be good pick up opportunities. They need to win those court seats in PA, they are partisan hacks.

Trump was so weak in suburban Philly, without him in office or on the ballot, I think the GOP will be strong in PA.

I'll only opine that it was vote fraud that won PA for Biden.

The PA Supreme Court and the NC Supreme Court are two of the worst in the country, very activist. The GOP knocked off one of the dems in NC in 2020. I believe a few more are up in the next few elections and should be good pick up opportunities. They need to win those court seats in PA, they are partisan hacks.

Trump was so weak in suburban Philly, without him in office or on the ballot, I think the GOP will be strong in PA.

GEORGIA:
Today, the House voted 94-57 to pass House Bill 1358, constitutional carry. It will now go to the Senate for further consideration. The Senate has already passed their own constitutional carry bill, Senate Bill 319. Governor Brian Kemp has stated his support for constitutional carry, so the General Assembly just has to send a bill to his desk.

GEORGIA:
Today, the House voted 94-57 to pass House Bill 1358, constitutional carry. It will now go to the Senate for further consideration. The Senate has already passed their own constitutional carry bill, Senate Bill 319. Governor Brian Kemp has stated his support for constitutional carry, so the General Assembly just has to send a bill to his desk.

So short of some bickering over reconciling the two bills it looks like GA will pass it this year. GOOD

C'mon Florida all the cool kids are doing it.

Where is that map that shows the change over time? Does it include "2022 in progress"?

Last edited:
Coincidentally the official word today from Montana is, "We will not compile."
[shocked]

I hate when it does that.

quF7q.png

So just MA, NY, CA and a few New England states left as May Issue.

Parts of CA, NY, all of NJ and Hawaii are may issue but in practice no issue. I believe a lot of MD is terrible as well.

By 2030, I think everyone will have constitutional carry except HI, WA, OR, CA, NM, CO, IL, VA, MD, DE, NJ, NY, CT, RI, NV and MA.

IIRC, MD permits are issued by the state police and applicants must cite a specific threat to receive one. SCOTUS declined to grant cert on a case a few years back. Well, at least one case.

Parts of CA, NY, all of NJ and Hawaii are may issue but in practice no issue. I believe a lot of MD is terrible as well.

By 2030, I think everyone will have constitutional carry except HI, WA, OR, CA, NM, CO, IL, VA, MD, DE, NJ, NY, CT, RI, NV and MA.

I cant see it anytime soon in FL.

DeSantis is up by 10 in many of the polls right now. If he cruises in November by that number, he’ll have a lot of sway. If he wins that strongly, he’ll also be looking at running for POTUS. Pushing CC is a signature issue to run on in the POTUS primaries.

Also, things move and shift quickly. In 2006, only Alaska and Vermont were constitutional carry, in 2012 it was only 4 (AK, VT, AZ and wyoming which was for residents only. As of today, it’s 22 states, with OH and IN awaiting governor signatures and bills progressing in GA and NE. So it likely will have gone from 4 to 26 in 10 yeras. And only a democrat governor is keeping it from becoming law in LA, PA, MI, WI and NC

FL and SC may be lagging but it’s only a matter of time before they see they are out of step.

DeSantis is up by 10 in many of the polls right now. If he cruises in November by that number, he’ll have a lot of sway. If he wins that strongly, he’ll also be looking at running for POTUS. Pushing CC is a signature issue to run on in the POTUS primaries.

Also, things move and shift quickly. In 2006, only Alaska and Vermont were constitutional carry, in 2012 it was only 4 (AK, VT, AZ and wyoming which was for residents only. As of today, it’s 22 states, with OH and IN awaiting governor signatures and bills progressing in GA and NE. So it likely will have gone from 4 to 26 in 10 yeras. And only a democrat governor is keeping it from becoming law in LA, PA, MI, WI and NC

FL and SC may be lagging but it’s only a matter of time before they see they are out of step.
I hope so. I have no doubt Ron will sign it. As for state legislation... yikes

I hope so. I have no doubt Ron will sign it. As for state legislation... yikes

That’s definitely an issue in FL, the leadership in the legislature isn’t ideal. One thing I should have mentioned above and meant to, is how constitutional carry wasn’t even a thought into most in the legislature of IN, GA, OH, etc and within a few years it was a priority. FL may be a a bit different because the party has a lot more urban and suburban politicians than other states. The GOP politicians from those areas are a lot more country club conservatives than real conservatives.

I hope you get it soon. Open carry should be a part of it too, enough with blue area jamming people on open carry BS.

Ohio makes 23, GA and IN should round out the first half of states. Very proud of my home state right now.

Last edited:

Ohio makes 23, GA and IN should round out the first half of states. Very proud of my home state right now.

Don’t forget Nebraska. The governor there said he would sign it, the legislature progress looks positive.

Back
Top Bottom