Comptac IWB 2 o'clock

A few days ago I got a Comptac 2 O clock IWB holster for my M&Pc. I have been searching for a comfortable carry option for the 1-2 o clock position. This holster is Exactly what I've been looking for.
Rides high enough that the grip is easily accessed but not top heavy, doesn't interfere with bending down, sitting, or kicking. The offset single belt clip offers superb stability and slims down the package.

Here are a couple pics.

Comptac2Oclock001.jpg

Comptac2Oclock003.jpg

I urge anyone looking for a holster to check out Comptac products.

You should consult with a physician; carrying a pistol in that location could cause you serious injury. (And, no, I'm not making a joke, and the injury in question has nothing to do with an unintended discharge.)

Ironically, I ordered one yesterday for a j-frame. Thought having the clip off of the cylinder would slim it down. Glad to hear I was right and you like it. I thought that set up would be a little offcenter with the weight of the M&P.

Have the regular C-Tac for my 9c and love it so far.

RKG, please elaborate. I am curious and unsure of how this could cause me any harm.

The pistol sits within the arc of your "bending" movement. A sudden bend -- such as unthinking movement to pick something off the floor or being whacked in a car from behind -- could cause your body to hinge with the pistol trapped in the hinge. This can puncture the skin under the ribs, injure the ribs, injure internal organs. Particularly vulnerable is the femoral artery.

For those who wear equipment on belt, a longstanding rule has been not to wear any equipment that it itself larger than the belt is wide forward of the hips, on either side. Spare mags, for instance, can be worn forward but only if oriented horizontally. Likewise, speedloaders forward of the hips are OK. But pistols, vertically-oriented mags, lights, mace, radio, even cuffs should all be behind the hips.

I'm curious why I've never seen this danger mentioned in discussions of appendix carry, while every thread I've seen that mentions small of back carry warns of the danger of falling on the gun.

RKG thanks for the explanation. It definitely does make sense and is applicable in some cases.
For myself, I will continue to carry this way because the holster rides somewhat high and the pistol is short. I can not get the pistol to exert any sort of pressure on me when I bend, sit, kneel, drive, or make sudden movements in any direction, etc.
I would agree that larger pistols or items could present such problems as described, especially for those with beer guts.

Regards,

-Matt

Back
Top Bottom