Companies that have gun clubs on site

J

Jose

In another thread, Coyote33 mentioned:
I wonder what companies still operate a shooting range. Maybe someone can start a new thread on that.

Ok, I'll bite. I worked for Raytheon Aircraft (aka Beechcraft) in Wichita for 8 1/2 years. They have had a gun club (skeet and trap) for decades in a company owned employee recreation park/facility about a mile north of the plant complex. It is still there, BTW.

I got my start in guns by being dragged by an engineering co-worker to the skeet leagues.

Did I mention that Raytheon Aircraft also has had a flying club for ages and the last time I flew one of their planes (2000) a fully tricked out Beech Bonanza A36 went for $65/hr wet? [smile]

Also, the RAC employee handbook specifically states that firearms ARE allowed in employee vehicles parked in company property. [smile] [smile]

Last edited by a moderator:
...or another state. )-:

I know Morgan, Heald, Norton, and maybe a few more used to have leagues and at least Morgan and I think Norton in Worcester had their own ranges. A lot of guys from Morgan's league/club joined Worcester Pistol and Rifle. I don't know if that means they shut the doors or what.

It used to be a "perk" to offer these sort of things to employees I guess.

I worked for Raytheon back in 1969-70 and 73-75 and was never aware of any gun club or range in the Waltham area. I wasn't into shooting back then, but probably would have at least heard of it.

When I was at GD/EB in Groton, CT (1971-73) I was well aware of their pistol team . . . there was no range on the property.

DEC in Phoenix had a gun club, but not a range.

Microsoft in Redmond has a gun club, but not a range.

Boeing in Seattle has a gun club and I'm pretty sure that they also have a range.

Norton COmpany in Worcester had a Gallery team and an indoor range once upon a time. Don't know if it is still there or not. IIRC it was somewhere around STORES or Abrasive 7.

Regards,

Back
Top Bottom