• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Colt's Customer Service

jairadio

Army Veteran
In 1990, I purchased a Colt MKIV 80 Government .380. In September 07 while cleaning the pistol, yours truly damaged the sear spring. Called Colt Manufacturing and told their representative that I caused the damage. Colt gave me a Repair Order No. and I shipped it to them via UPS. About 3 days later I received this letter from Colt. Dear Mr. Blah Blah, We have received the Colt product. The work you requested is being performed at NO CHARGE. Work will begin without further notice on your part. Thank you for using Colt Products. Two weeks later I had my little favorite back in my hands. Now how is that for Customer Service? Too bad we can't buy new Colt's anymore in MA

P.S. Almost forgot, I paid for the shipment to Colt, they paid for the shipment back to me.

Last edited:
I am the proud owner of two Colt Officer's Models. Neither of the two was bought new.

While at the range one night the front sight fell off of one of them. No problem, I got the other and continued to shoot. Then I noticed that the front sight on that one was loose. DAMN!

I called Colt and asked if I could drop them off rather than trust UPS to deliver. Too hard to get in MA to trust UPS. No problem. So a couple day's later, I dropped them off at Colt.

Now, on the one with the loose front sight, I had changed out the grips. I cracked one of them when I installed it. However, it was firmly attached and I was gonna get around to buying another pair at some point.

Couple days later, I recieve a card in the mail from Colt. One front sight to be replaced. One front sight (loose) to be replaced and grips - cracked - replaced. No charge. Less than a week later UPS delivered them back to me better than they left. No charge for shipping.

I have no problem buying any used Colt I see even if it has a problem. I know Colt will make it right. And if they charge me next time, that's fine with me.

Back
Top Bottom