College buying bullet proof whiteboards

1. What is the rating? If not good against min .223/5.56 horribly useless.

ARTICLE said:
Tunis envisions teachers using the whiteboards to fend off attackers individually or as a group, standing side-by-side to create a wall that could shield evacuating students or to fend off an attacker.

"It's designed to be a last resort and to buy you some extra time," he said.

Ok buddy. If you think any professors are going to "form a wall" in such a situation you are ****ing retarded.

Edit: 18x20in? Yeah...that'll help. Not like a shooter might change aim to one's legs, then re-adjust aim back to torso/head. Right? Right? Far better to arm someone and have them neutralize the threat immediately.

Last edited:
1. What is the rating? If not good against min .223/5.56 horribly useless.

Ok buddy. If you think any professors are going to "form a wall" in such a situation you are ****ing retarded.

Edit: 18x20in? Yeah...that'll help. Not like a shooter might change aim to one's legs, then re-adjust aim back to torso/head. Right? Right? Far better to arm someone and have them neutralize the threat immediately.

Or the shooter will simply select a softer target in the room.

This is a neat idea, but trying to disguise it as anything more noble than a business opportunity equals lying. I think they should just give teachers Bibles to put in their front pockets to stop bullets. Or Qurans or Torahs or whatever.

Or the shooter will simply select a softer target in the room.

This is a neat idea, but trying to disguise it as anything more noble than a business opportunity equals lying. I think they should just give teachers Bibles to put in their front pockets to stop bullets. Or Qurans or Torahs or whatever.
Torah is totally doable. It'll cover the crotchy region too. And when you're bored, you can pretend to play the accordion with it; lighten the mood a little.

I'm actually happy to see this. It's an admission that their 'gun free zones' don't work. If they did, there would be no need for the whiteboards. They've acknowledged the problem, but naturally they've chosen the wrong solution to fix the problem. Not surprising.

My only question is will the whiteboards come with pre-printed directions for cowering in place or will that be taught in a separate course?

THIS... IS.....MARYLAND!

image_zps6cfd6d61.jpg

Maybe they could just use riot shields as whiteboards....
If they are suicidal. Riot shield stop beer bottles, rocks, sticks, cue balls, bricks, etc. but not high-velocity rifle fire. Let the dumb liberal prof stand behind his whiteboard. We can always bury him with it. Dumb liberal pukes!

[rofl]

Maybe the plan is to put the history teachers in charge of training, they should be familiar with the ancient Greek phalanx and interlocking shields!

[laugh] As a former history teacher, I'd suggest that they go with the testudo formation. Not only will they be safe from shooters, they'll be protected from drone attacks.

stock-photo-roman-wariors-in-traditional-formation-turtle-business-relationship-metaphor-figure-is-37124848.jpg

Originally Posted by ARTICLE

Tunis envisions teachers using the whiteboards to fend off attackers individually or as a group, standing side-by-side yelling WE ARE SPARTA!!!! and create a wall that could shield evacuating students or to fend off an attacker

Fixed it

Last edited:
My son's Fluid Dynamics book would be better defense (although it probably costs more). Somebody's gotta be making this shit up as a joke, no?

My son's Fluid Dynamics book would be better defense (although it probably costs more). Somebody's gotta be making this shit up as a joke, no?
Don't count on it. Back in 1977, an unfortunate young (unarmed, naturally!) NYC student named Virginia Vascorichian, had the misfortune to come face-to-face with "Son Of Sam" killer David Berkowitz. His low-velocity .44 Special bullets from his Charter Arms .44 Bulldog revolver tore through her thick textbooks and into her face, killing her instantly.

I wonder what the weight of one of thoughs boards will be, im thinking by the time you factor in what would actualy be a effective size and thickness, not to mention size that it needs to be to be usefull in the class, i think it would be way to heavy to use effectively

Probibly be better of with a riot shield

I wonder what the weight of one of thoughs boards will be, im thinking by the time you factor in what would actualy be a effective size and thickness, not to mention size that it needs to be to be usefull in the class, i think it would be way to heavy to use effectively

Probibly be better of with a riot shield

The article states it is 18 inches by 20 inches.

If they are suicidal. Riot shield stop beer bottles, rocks, sticks, cue balls, bricks, etc. but not high-velocity rifle fire. Let the dumb liberal prof stand behind his whiteboard. We can always bury him with it. Dumb liberal pukes!

Two birds/one stone. [wink]

The article states it is 18 inches by 20 inches.

Ya and dose that sound like a realy usefill whiteboard, its not big enough to do alot of work on, we don't know what it can stop, and it is way to small too cover all of you or anyone else,

it seems you have to hold on to it, so your going to loose at least one hand it if its light enough, so you have only one had to stop a bad guy and you still have no real tools to actualy stop a bad guy, other then the dry eraser or pen in you free hand, maybe a stapler

It would to me seem at least more practical to have something dedicated to defence that was truly designed to do what it is there looking for in a defencive shield, not some little stupid ass armor plate want a be whiteboard

"UMES President Juliette B. Bell said in a telephone interview that she decided to order 200 whiteboards for faculty using funds from the university's foundation account so the school could be "proactive rather than reactive" in a violent situation"

This is so insane, it's giving me a headache. We're going to attack a shooter with $60k worth of small, likely worthless whiteboards, but we would never consider training and arming the faculty because that might actually work.

Back
Top Bottom