• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

College buying bullet proof whiteboards

They should just use bulletproof doors and glass and in lockdown just lock the doors. Then they can run around with their whiteboard shields lol

People here are bashing this plan as brainless and stupid but these are actually intelligent people coming up with these ideas. And the solutions are very telling. They would rather cower behind a ballistic panel than rely on their fellow man (or themselves) to protect them from harm.

I would fear the man who would rather cower behind a panel than arm himself for he will stop at nothing to disarm you...

nothing is bullet-proof, it's bullet-resistant. shoot anything enough with the right shit--and you're getting through it.

also obligatory "what a bunch of pussies" in that article.

nothing is bullet-proof, it's bullet-resistant. shoot anything enough with the right shit--and you're getting through it.

also obligatory "what a bunch of pussies" in that article.

That's not true, I've seen plenty of movies. What, next you're gonna tell me that silencers don't really make a gun barely whisper? /sarcasm

I don't have any hatred for the company selling the whiteboards. They actually could be useful for an armed person who has to engage an armed attacker, in the same way that body armor enables a police officer or soldier to survive an engagement. It might improve the odds for someone fighting back.

In this case it's being used as a substitute because the person has been denied the tools to fight back. To that extent, it's a failure and gives a false sense of security.

Last edited:

This is not a bullet resistant, riot shield sized, white board. It may protect your core, but it's going to leave a whole lot more exposed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom