CMP price increase

You could go to the bank and get $3600 in 90% silver dollars in 1963 and take them to the local Chevrolet Dealer and buy a loaded Chevy Impala convertible with tripower, 4 speed, bucket seats. AM FM, air conditioning, special wheels and walk away with no silver in your pocket. Multiply that 3600 by 13, (current cost of silver) and it's about the same money today for the same car.
But you'd have a sweet ride so who cares

Wasn't so long ago that you could pick up a Nagant pistol for $99. They have about tripled in the last 5 years.

Form follows function. They did the job. I've an original finish '36 that's fun to shoot - albeit single action, and very accurate. I wouldn't be selling mine if circumstances were different.

t

You could go to the bank and get $3600 in 90% silver dollars in 1963 and take them to the local Chevrolet Dealer and buy a loaded Chevy Impala convertible with tripower, 4 speed, bucket seats. AM FM, air conditioning, special wheels and walk away with no silver in your pocket. Multiply that 3600 by 13, (current cost of silver) and it's about the same money today for the same car.

I bought as new Remington and Colt WWII issued 45's for 75$. Inflation sux. Buy the guns, they are like silver.
asked my mom what people made back then in the early sixties,,,,,she said IF you had a good job 4k a year .....that $3600 car does nor seem so cheap now?

asked my mom what people made back then in the early sixties,,,,,she said IF you had a good job 4k a year .....that $3600 car does nor seem so cheap now?

Its all relative. I was making almost 200 a week, so that about 10.4k. 3600 was more than a third. So you make 100k now and a new car is 40k. Numbers change percentages remain roughly constant.

I always thouht we should go back to a silver backed dollar. Take todays ounce of silver value say 16 bucks and divide everything by 16 and thats your dollar. Food, insurance... cars. Everyting is 1/16. Silver would stop fluctuating and inflation would become nonexistant.

Its all relative. I was making almost 200 a week, so that about 10.4k. 3600 was more than a third. So you make 100k now and a new car is 40k. Numbers change percentages remain roughly constant.

I always thouht we should go back to a silver backed dollar. Take todays ounce of silver value say 16 bucks and divide everything by 16 and thats your dollar. Food, insurance... cars. Everyting is 1/16. Silver would stop fluctuating and inflation would become nonexistant.
I’m poor white trash I don’t know many people making 100k not even combined

I’m poor white trash I don’t know many people making 100k not even combined

I know people who live in nice houses on land their family bought generations ago, and they live nicely on less than 100K. And I know people making more than a 100K that can't afford to buy at all and are just getting by. Housing costs make a huge difference on how far your money goes.

I know people who live in nice houses on land their family bought generations ago, and they live nicely on less than 100K. And I know people making more than a 100K that can't afford to buy at all and are just getting by. Housing costs make a huge difference on how far your money goes.
Yes they do but sadly buy the time we pay off our mortgage that 2k month will be adsorbed into something else.

Yes they do but sadly buy the time we pay off our mortgage that 2k month will be adsorbed into something else.
Yes, but think if you had paid $1.00 for your house. All those years of not paying a mortgage would certainly leave you with a nice bank account, or a dam noice gun collection. Both are good.

Yes, but think if you had paid $1.00 for your house. All those years of not paying a mortgage would certainly leave you with a nice bank account, or a dam noice gun collection. Both are good.
Must be nice....can only dream.

Silver would stop fluctuating and inflation would become nonexistant.

You're assuming that the rest of the world would also change to a silver based dollar, but they won't. The day traders, hedge fund managers and various governments will manipulate the price of the metal to f&ck with us and take advantage of our completely manipulable currency and the price would fluctuate wildly. You would never know what a dollar would buy anymore because it would change from second to second.

Back
Top Bottom