CMP order time?

KMM696

NES Member
Does anyone know what the CMP's turnaround time for Garand orders is recently?

I ordered a couple Springfields and some ammo at the end of September, and I know the order made it because the ammo showed up. They take a while - I just want to put a bow on one and put it under the tree.

Thanks

My service grade order, which I sent in the last week of October, went open on 11/8/07. I was told there is about a 100 day backlog until I can excpect it to go to "processing", so I'm looking at sometime in March.

I've heard there will be some delays now due to backlogs and the holidays - news to me, a case of ammo and some last-minute gifts were shipped within 48 hours after ordering earlier this week. Probably the rifles and other items take different shipping tracks?

Does anyone know what the CMP's turnaround time for Garand orders is recently?
Kevin,
I recently bought a service grade Garand and this was the time line.
CMP received my order (paperwork) on 8/23/07, they placed the order on 9/13/07 and shipped the rifle ( fedx overnight) on 10/24/07. They were good about updating me with an Email each step of the way. Hope this helps. [grin]
Gary

Thanks for the help - it looks like I should be getting them sometime in February, then.

They must have very different shipping tracks for ammo and rifles - the ammo was only a couple of weeks. Of course, they probably didn't have to inspect and function check the ammo.

Merry Christmas, all

SG Garands take longer than most others. My carbine order took about 2 weeks from before thanksgiving to early this month.

UPDATE

Well, I have the FedEx tracking numbers for my 2 Garands from the SMP, so my calendar stands at 15 weeks from order to shipping. The ammo was faster, of course.

I can't wait to see what these 2 look like!

Well, I have the FedEx tracking numbers for my 2 Garands from the SMP, so my calendar stands at 15 weeks from order to shipping. The ammo was faster, of course.

I can't wait to see what these 2 look like!

I hope their awesome and good luck with them, don't forget the pics. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom