• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CMP m1 CARBINE (ammo?)

so my credit card just got charges for a bavarian rural police service grade carbine, i ordered some magazines. now when it arrives it will be hungry and need to be feed a steady diet of lead and copper

however i cant find 30 carbine ammo anywhere.........
any one knows of a good source id be extremly grateful???/

ps a pm with the secret ma shipping sources would be great... incase someone felt the urge to share

I feel like most stores carry it. Even Dick's Sporting Goods occasionally has some. Should run 17-23 per box.

I like Federal American Eagle. It's usually $23 per box or so but is sold out many places.
Checked Four Seasons last week, WalMart in Manchester NH today - none.

Where do you live?

Last edited:
The CMP is supposed to be getting more .30 carbine Aguila ammo in a couple of months, they just needed to take a break to give them time to fill a backlog of orders.

Free staters can buy it from <redacted- vendor ships to ma>

They have it most of the time.
As to CMP as of last week when I spoke to them regarding an order for a club shoot they were only selling to clubs at this time for sanctioned CMP events. And that was a very limited amount to boot. I know it is tough to hear that but that is their goal. To encourage the sport and competition.

It will be back, 2012, as soon as the bog "O" is gone!!!![laugh]

Its one caliber that is very easy to reload for. Straight walled cases. As Len stated Q Ammo does load it and its excellent. And a great price. I use his at our club and at 100 yards its OUTSTANDING.
I have about 100 rounds left of Q's ammo and if I can ever get to the range I will use it all[smile][smile]

Also buying from Q is supporting one of our own. Give him a call or drop him a PM. FAR cheaper than any store price! BUT YOU MUST GIVE BACK THE BRASS!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the .30 Carbine is the most difficult round to load that I deal with. The case is actually tapered so after resizing it always grows and must be trimmed to length as it headspaces on the case mouth. What makes it tough is the case is small in diameter and difficult to hold on to or handle. When you want to process 1000's of them it can literally be a real pain. I dread having to load it. I still load it, but its one of those things that I put off for as long as I can. I shut off my PM as I am not orange and don't check NES as often as I check my email ([email protected]).

Back
Top Bottom