• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CMP limiting ammo purchases per year/

Sucks for those ordering more than 2k rds a year. Lots of folks were buying cmp ammo and flipping it. I believe this is an attempt to calm that down.

The limit I believe is to have a more sustainable supply of ammo for the remaining few years of M1 garand sales. I dont like limits per say but it does help those who want to buy a garand and some price matched ammo to go along with it from the cmp. I have seen HXP go for over a 1$/rnd at shows and shops
I hope the stock pile of ammo is as big as Orest has stated on some of his post on the forums. There is suposed to be a large stock pile of seal HXP cans in storage awaiting the sell out of the loose ammo....I am tempted to order more of the HXP and 22lr ammo just to have. Its looking to be a repeat of 2008/2009 where you couldnt even find a brick of 22lr in my area.

I don't think t his is a bad thing. There are a lot of douchebags buying CMP ammo and reselling it at profit, draining the piss out of the supply. A Garand will become exponentially more expensive to operate without that stuff around.

-Mike

Federal's offering is over a buck a round, PPU seems to be exclusive to AIM, and Hornady is only available through CMP. QMMO was where I was getting my reloads and he has suspended new orders. It's hard out there for a Garand owner.

Good question, can anyone help out. Anyone know where to pick-up 30.06 surplus or any 30.06 for the M1 Garand ?

Become a CMP member, which is easy as hell (go to the website and read the criteria), and then have the ammo sent directly to your front door. I have had a ton of it sent to me over the years.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom