• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CMP games score improvements , what worked for you

mac1911

NES Member
for those shooting CMP games what has worked for you to improve your scores

Especially if you hit a road block and just could not break a certain hurdle.

A few for me.
Calling my shots. At first if I could call 50% of my shots correctly that was good. I’m now right around 80%. Funny thing is I call more bad shots now that actually turn out good.

Finally getting my eyes checked by a Eye Dr. who understood shooting needs.

Probably need an eye check early next year once insurance will pay for it again. I'll go to someone like idoktr. We'll see how that works for me.

Thus far, my two biggest bumps were for offhand shooting. First was initial coaching from the usual suspects at Old Colony. I was pretty much doing everything wrong, with scores that reflected that. Usually a miss in each match, or at least multiple low score hits. The coaching mostly fixed that but I still had very mixed results.

Next bump came from a couple good tips at Camp Ethan Allen in September. One was correcting my stance so that my legs were stacked a bit better, resting on bone to bone contact rather than flexing my knees too much and relying only on muscle. The other one was time management- try to allow for more time between the last 4 or 5 shots than for the first 4 or 6. More eye and muscle recovery time between shots as you become more tired. Lately I've been scoring 85 in awfulhand, which is decent for me. I'd like to be consistently 90 - 92.

Probably need an eye check early next year once insurance will pay for it again. I'll go to someone like idoktr. We'll see how that works for me.

Thus far, my two biggest bumps were for offhand shooting. First was initial coaching from the usual suspects at Old Colony. I was pretty much doing everything wrong, with scores that reflected that. Usually a miss in each match, or at least multiple low score hits. The coaching mostly fixed that but I still had very mixed results.

Next bump came from a couple good tips at Camp Ethan Allen in September. One was correcting my stance so that my legs were stacked a bit better, resting on bone to bone contact rather than flexing my knees too much and relying only on muscle. The other one was time management- try to allow for more time between the last 4 or 5 shots than for the first 4 or 6. More eye and muscle recovery time between shots as you become more tired. Lately I've been scoring 85 in awfulhand, which is decent for me. I'd like to be consistently 90 - 92.
using your time is very effective: its a good time to breath!

Back
Top Bottom