• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Clubs with rentals?

Hello all -

well, 1, im very new to this site and firearms.

I got my ltc last year and have been shooting a couple of times with a friend, but really wanted to get more involved in it.

I would like to find a club that has rental firearms so that I may try many different guns before settling down on one that I would like to purchase..

So, does anyone know of any clubs that rent firearms?

I have been to afs, but it seems they are either closed or renovating right now.

Smith & Wesson out in Springfield has some.

Another alternative is to join a private gun club. Go to a couple meetings and chat up the members. Most likely someone will let you try out a couple of their guns and the most you'll have to pay for is a couple boxes of ammo.

Thanks for the info guys!

And I just checked back today, and AFS (American Firearms School) is back in operation. Little pricey still... $195.00 per year

M1911 said:

Another alternative is to join a private gun club. Go to a couple meetings and chat up the members. Most likely someone will let you try out a couple of their guns and the most you'll have to pay for is a couple boxes of ammo.

+1 - best suggestion - I have had nothing but good experiences with my club and the other members always seem to be ok with asking to get a few trigger pulls in.

Joining a private club really the best idea, but maybe not in the short run. But renting time after time isn't the best idea either, still the best way to try out a bunch of firearms you wouldn't normally have access to.

Boston Gun Range in Worcester
http://www.bostongunrange.com/

I found it cheaper than AFS, but not by much if it is only an occaisional thing.

Oh if you are going to join a private club, don't make AFS or Boston Gun be your primary. Pick something with more members, something with more of a club feeling and definitely something with outdoor ranges. [grin]

Joining a private club really the best idea, but maybe not in the short run. But renting time after time isn't the best idea either, still the best way to try out a bunch of firearms you wouldn't normally have access to.
A fellow at my gun club wanted to buy a semi-auto pistol, but wasn't sure what to get. So I met him at the range and let him try a Glock 17, Sig P239, Kahr K9, HK USPc .40, CZ-75, and a Kimber 1911. At the next club meeting he insisted on giving me a couple boxes of ammo, but I never charged him anything. That's a lot cheaper than renting [wink]

Lots of other club members would have done the same.

M1911 is right. I've done it for others, others have done it for me and more recently my Wife.

Never found a need to pay rental fees to rent guns, but it is also a viable solution if you can first narrow your list to guns that they have.

S&W is a good deal if you are ONLY considering S&W. Likewise Sig is good idea for Sigs.

OP doesn't state where he is located, which makes it difficult to do more than give general info.

sorry bout that... I'm located in Brockton, MA. I have heard about the club in Worcester, but it's a bit of a hike for me. AFS isn't that close either, but it's closer then Worcester.

Thanks again for all your help, you guys seem like a good bunch here and very helpful.

so look forward to more annoying noob questions from me [smile]

How about making this a sticky somewhere? This is a question that comes up often with more or less the same answers.

Matt

(oh yeah, welcome matt1956!)

beretta92d said:
yup,they have a good selection of guns to rent..from compact 9mm all the way up to full auto machine guns...

I will agree with that, $14 or so an hour plus tons of toys to rent. I think I am going to have to try out the MP5 next time I am there (FYI you have to use their ammo when renting for liability purposes, but if you are shooting your own gun you can use any ammo).

And the clubs I belong to cost $90/yr (BR&P) and $100/yr (Mansfield F&G).

Of course neither rent or sell you anything, but many of us don't object to letting folks try our toys if asked nicely!

I know clubs work out cheaper than paying by the hour (I just got accepted into Pelham Fish & Game: $150/yr) but the firing line at $14/hr is a good option if you don't belong to a club and want to rent a couple of guns to try out.

at manchester firing line it costs me $125. to start then $100./yr for renewal.so lanes are $7.50/hr,discount on ammo,rentals..(20% i believe)

M1911 said:

S&W is great!!! The range is top of the line the range master is more than helpful, the kid goes above and beyond what he has to. they have many of there guns to rent. (My friend and I have shot off about $200 ea.) Because of my visit, I am looking at a SW99 first purchase will be the sigma series. but yea Manchester F L has machine guns, Glocks, Sig Sauer, S&W and revolvers.

S&W Rocks

thanks guys.

I'll be headed to AFS next week... hoping to get my buddy to part with his Ruger 9mm to use, but plan on renting a few of AFS's as well.

Back
Top Bottom