****CLOSED****100% SKS give away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were the requirements put in after everyone said in?I swear I didnt notice them till the edit.

Should of posted this in the members only to begin with.

+1 for a great giveaway!

Wait...so if there is a milsurp group that is seperate from NES, nobody knows about and even though we want to join we are "denied", why was it posted on NES? Three out of three of my firearms are milsurps but I didn't know that secret group existed...

Wait...so if there is a milsurp group that is seperate from NES, nobody knows about and even though we want to join we are "denied", why was it posted on NES? Three out of three of my firearms are milsurps but I didn't know that secret group existed...

It's not really secret.

This explains all the recent PM requests I've received to join the group.

I made the group so the die hard surplus collectors here could have a place to share resources for those of us who are 03 FFL holders. There is no discussion regarding certain surplus firearms like there is here in the open forum. Its basically for C&R collectors only.

I can't express how much I appreciate the generosity of Fred for giving away such a rifle and think its a great opportunity for anyone who doesn't have an SKS to own a Cherry's import 59/66 because they are definitely mint rifles.
However... I don't want to flood the group with people chiming in for a chance at wining an SKS so I am not allowing new members to the group until the winner of this rifle is chosen.

I'd love to get in on this but have a mint Cherry's SKS already and would like to see someone else get one so I am out.

No disrespect to the people who have sent me PMs with requests to join the Milsurp Social group, but I'm declining requests at this time.

Just makes no sense to post publicly knowing that only a small fraction will qualify...I'm not saying it's not very generous of him but there's about 5 pages of "oh sorry I guess I'm not in". Makes it kind of a downer to everyone who wasn't in the group and thought they were part of it..

this probably would have been better suited to a post in the milsurps group that is now referenced in the original post. a lot of people have shown interest in this only to find out they are not part of the 1/3 of %1 of NES that is eligible for it.

as i had mentioned before i personally would like to get into collecting milsurp rifles but have other things sucking cash out of the bank at the moment and i am sure there are many others in this same situation.

i am not trying to be an ass or anything with this post, i'm just putting my opinion out there about what happened with the thread. while extremely generous of you to do it probably shouldn't have been posted publicly if it wasn't open to the public.

It is posted in the Milsurp collectors group only...Are you suggesting I should have PM every member of the group to accomplish this? Ya know I just cant win.

Last edited:
Just makes no sense to post publicly knowing that only a small fraction will qualify...I'm not saying it's not very generous of him but there's about 5 pages of "oh sorry I guess I'm not in". Makes it kind of a downer to everyone who wasn't in the group and thought they were part of it..

this is from the original post Must be a member of the Collectors forum and a green member.

It is posted in the area in which collectors share info etc. There are many other groups on this site as well.
I am not sure what you mean by publicly. If I spelled out who could receive it and clearly stated its not a Karma than its not open to all NES members. I tried to be clear but I guess I F'd up. Sorry folks.

Were the requirements put in after everyone said in?I swear I didnt notice them till the edit.

Should of posted this in the members only to begin with.

+1 for a great giveaway!

It was posted in the collectors group not general membership. Also I stated clearly in the first post that it was for the collectors forum. I added the bold banner after non green members were signing up. it was clear folks were not reading the post but simply seeing a give away and jumped in.

closed

OK everyone, this is officially CLOSED. I can not believe the amount of crap I have received about this. I try to share something with fellow collectors and clearly stated that in the original post and now people think its some kind of secret group , conspiracy etc. etc.

I wont do this again...[frown]

I will PM the winner. And please keep it to yourself. The next thing will be folks will think its fixed!!!!![laugh]

It was posted in the collectors group not general membership. Also I stated clearly in the first post that it was for the collectors forum. I added the bold banner after non green members were signing up. it was clear folks were not reading the post but simply seeing a give away and jumped in.

NOT JUMPING ON YOU!

Just a question.

What you posted makes me wonder if we all jumped to conclusions.

It was posted in the collectors group not general membership.

Is THIS the collector's forum you meant: Northeastshooters.com > Hardware > Mil Surp Collectors >

Or this: Northeastshooters.com > Social Groups > Uncategorized > Military Surplus

Is it possible everybody got worked up over nothing?

Either way, it was an incredibly generous offer and I'm sorry that you were abused for it.

I hope that anyone else considering something like that will not take YOUR experience as a sign to not bother.

We are better than this. Yesterday's TVI Shoot proved that. (eta: Time Warp - of course I meant Saturday's TVI Shoot)

Last edited:
i wasn't trying to be a dick or anything with my post. i like the community here and i don't want to be that guy, know what i mean?

i would have joined the group not only to get in on this but so that i could have access to more information and mroe stuff to read around here. sometimes i swear i am on NES all day. if it was also posted in that section i wouldn't know because that collectors sub-forum is members-only.

i am not too worried about things, chalk it up to shit happens. i've got nothing against you personally. it sounds like it was just a misunderstanding on the part of a lot of us and that was that.

rep point

Moderators:

Please allow folks to retract their rep point to me if they were not included in this give away. It appears I was not clear in my original post and some folks were mislead.

Thank you

Moderators:

Please allow folks to retract their rep point to me if they were not included in this give away. It appears I was not clear in my original post and some folks were mislead.

Thank you

My rep points stand and I sent mine after I found out...I must admit - it confused me at first and I read the post, (but that's nothing unusual, as I'm easily confused)...It only took me a minute to figure out I wasn't included and then another minute to figure out after reading Rays post that I could not be. I still think it's an amazing offer whether I can be a part of it or not is immaterial. If anyone withdraws rep points from you BMG, I'll replace them post-haste...Good luck to the winner! [cheers]

No need to retract, as far as I'm concerned. It's a great offer, and another example of how generous the large majority of people on this forum are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom