church shooting in colorado, concealed carry holder takes out scum bag

just on fox news, a concealed carry holder/church volunteer shot and killed the low life at the second church.

Last edited:
I just check foxnew.com and they said this "Boyd praised the unidentified plainclothes security officer, who was credited with taking down the shooter in a hallway of the church."

It would be great if it were a CCW holder instead of an "officer" to show how CCW holders can save the day

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,316322,00.html

Police did not release the identity of the gunman, who was shot and killed by a member of the church's armed security staff.

Armed security staff? So what, the Pope now has an AK under his robes? Stoopid media.

Boyd praised the unidentified plainclothes security officer, who was credited with taking down the shooter in a hallway of the church.

At least that's a positive response to a CCW holder taking charge

it was just on tv, the pastor said that the church member was a concealed carry permit holder and had used her own firearm to take the guy out.

it was just on tv, the pastor said that the church member was a concealed carry permit holder and had used her own firearm to take the guy out.
The media is going to want to change "concealed carry permit holder" to "security staff member" for consistency with the concept that "ordinary people" should not carry.

Unfortunately the antis and the media will, for the most part, still chant their usual mantra of "if guns were harder to get, the bad guy wouldn't have been able to get a gun to do anything in the first place". The fact that with 200 million guns in the country means a bad guy will ALWAYS be able to get a gun, and the fact that a CCW holder possibly stopped a masacre will be totally ignored.

Unfortunately the antis and the media will, for the most part, still chant their usual mantra of "if guns were harder to get, the bad guy wouldn't have been able to get a gun to do anything in the first place". The fact that with 200 million guns in the country means a bad guy will ALWAYS be able to get a gun, and the fact that a CCW holder possibly stopped a masacre will be totally ignored.

Even if there weren't 200 million guns in the country, and even if all guns were banned, a bad guy could still get one. I mean, aren't all forms of crystal meth, ecstasy, and heroin banned? How hard are those to get?

While the Security guard was a church member, she was detailed to provide security based on past events. No idea what the guards background is at this time. Into is very sketchy and neither Fox or CNN will wait to actually get the facts in their rush to beat the other news outlets to the punch.

This church has recently had some negative incidents based on the founder's sex for pay exploits a while back. That might have had something to do with their security conscious stance.

I spoke with a member of that church today. It is very unlikely that this woman was a volunteer "security guard". It will likely come out that this church does the same thing we do at my church. I have several individuals bring their guns to church. Some services we may have as many as 4 people carrying, including the pastor.

If I had to choose only one place to carry...it would be at church.

I spoke with a member of that church today. It is very unlikely that this woman was a volunteer "security guard". It will likely come out that this church does the same thing we do at my church. I have several individuals bring their guns to church. Some services we may have as many as 4 people carrying, including the pastor.

If I had to choose only one place to carry...it would be at church.

That's a very good idea. However, is it widely known to the members of your church? Or is it just amongst the CCW holding population?

The Pope doesn't need an AK under his robes. One, he has access to SIGs which are superior in just about every way, and two, he has his own elite guard force of Sig 551 and Sig Sauer armed bodyguards.

I know... but you get the point.

It's a little more informal at mine. I doubt the pastor knows, but there are probably close to a dozen members who would guess that I'm carrying, and I'd estimate that 2 or 3 of them are as well, for the simple reason that they were all in one or another of my classes to get their LTCs. I suppose that means that you and I would both be "armed security guards" if TSHTF. [wink]

Ken

quote from cnn.com front page:

"Jeanne Assam, the female congregant who shot a gunman who entered New Life church Sunday, said she felt weak as she approached him because she had been fasting. "I prayed for the Holy Spirit to guide me, for the Holy Spirit to be with me," she said. "My hands weren't even shaking. I knew what I had to do."" [shocked]

quote from cnn.com front page:

"Jeanne Assam, the female congregant who shot a gunman who entered New Life church Sunday, said she felt weak as she approached him because she had been fasting. "I prayed for the Holy Spirit to guide me, for the Holy Spirit to be with me," she said. "My hands weren't even shaking. I knew what I had to do."" [shocked]

deleted.

don't believe this anyway. It is common knowledge that citizens don't have the stills or training to get involved in a gunfight..why there would be thousands of innocents killed in the cross fire

She is a former Twin Cities Police Officer who was hired when the church started receiving hate mail from the shooter days before. No idea is she was a carry permit holder or carrying under the LEOSA.

She in fact was the Director of the security detail and set it up on the church campus.

Last edited:
On Howie Carr's show today they were playing the sound clips
of her during some kind of press conference. It was devoid of
specifics for obvious reasons, but it sounds like she is a member of
the church who basically is "assigned" to show up at a given
church with a concealed handgun. Apparently the founder had
came up with the idea years ago that because of visiting
dignitaries, etc, that they needed some "homegrown security".
So the "program" appears to have worked. The reporters
were needling her quite a bit but she responded pretty well
under the circumstances.

-Mike

she is a member of the church who basically is "assigned" to show up at a given
church with a concealed handgun.

That's pretty much correct. I'm guessing that chose her based on her background. This wasn't a last minute detail. This church has had some high profile incidents involving the former leader last year. They thought something may happen. Why he did it is still to be determined.

Sounds like 1 of 3 CCW "security guards" took any action - she is identified as a former-LEO elsewhere. I'm not knocking the others, as I wasn't there - if you carry CCW it's your choice whether to act or not, but when acting as security, that would seem different. The Bourbonnais fellow seems quite the brave man, either way, as is Assam.

High praise for church guard's bravery
Kieran Nicholson, Denver
December 12, 2007

Advertisement
LARRY Bourbonnais, a combat-tested Vietnam veteran, said the shooting of a gunman at a Colorado Springs church was the bravest thing he had ever seen.

Mr Bourbonnais, who was among those shot by a gunman at New Life Church on Sunday, watched as a security guard, a woman later identified as Jeanne Assam, calmly returned fire and killed the shooter.

"She just started walking toward the gunman firing the whole way," said Mr Bourbonnais, who was shot in the arm. "She was just yelling, 'Surrender', walking and shooting the whole time."

Mr Bourbonnais, 59, had just finished eating in the cafeteria on the sprawling church campus when he heard gunfire break out.

He headed in the direction of the shots as frightened people fled.

Near a church doorway, he came upon the gunman, later identified as Matthew Murray, and an armed security guard.

Mr Bourbonnais said he pleaded for the guard's gun. "Give me your handgun — I've been in combat, and I'm going to take this guy out," Mr Bourbonnais recalled telling the guard.Another armed guard was also there, but did not open fire.

Mr Bourbonnais yelled at the gunman to draw his attention, he said. "First, I called him 'coward', then I called him 'shithead'," Mr Bourbonnais said. "I probably shouldn't have been saying that in church."

That was when the shooter pointed one of his guns at Mr Bourbonnais and fired, he said. Mr Bourbonnais ducked and was hit in the arm by a bullet and the fragments of a pillar. At that moment, Ms Assam, 42, turned a corner with a drawn handgun, walked toward the gunman and yelled, "Surrender", Mr Bourbonnais said.

The gunman pointed a gun at Ms Assam and fired three shots, Mr Bourbonnais said.

She returned fire and just kept walking toward the gunman firing off round after round.

After the gunman went down, Mr Bourbonnais asked Ms Assam, a volunteer church security guard with a law enforcement background, how she remained so calm and focused.

Mr Bourbonnais said she replied: "I was asking the Holy Spirit to guide me the entire time."

DENVER POST

(CNN) -- Matthew Murray, the man who police say shot and killed four people at two separate locations in Colorado Sunday, died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound, the El Paso County Coroner's Office said in a statement Tuesday.

Murray was shot multiple times by a security guard at the church, but the coroner's office said the shot that killed him came from his own weapon.

"The death of Matthew Murray has been ruled a suicide. It should be noted that he was struck multiple times by the security officer, which put him down. He then fired a single round killing himself," the statement said.

minor detail if you ask me ...................

The Woman still scores the point in my book!

Back
Top Bottom