church shooting in colorado, concealed carry holder takes out scum bag

minor detail if you ask me ...................

The Woman still scores the point in my book!

Of course she does. After all, the point is that you shoot to stop the attack; that's exactly what she did. Whether her shots killed him or he fired a subsequent shot killing himself, the moral responsibility for his death is all his.

Ken

The world is going to hell or at least it seems like it. Is it just me or is America becoming an increasing dangerous place to live. I mean i am only 21 and all these school shooting, church, mall and people opening fire in public places. I have never really took advantage of carrying concealed i have really only started to do it and the first time i did it was when i was working at an extra mart finishing up my last semester of college and 3 stores were robbed in a week less then a mile away, it was a small hut with some drinks and chips and nothing else on a dark road right off the highway and i was the only male who worked at the store. The girls parents wouldn't let them worked the night shift because of the robberies, so i said i would but i was going to come armed. The manager just told me she didn't hear that last part. I mean its only going to get worse, kids who are having a hard time are going to see this on TV and think they should do it instead of getting help.

The sad part, in today's world the families of the two killed at the second site are probably being contacted by lawyers in an effort to instigate a lawsuit against the security personnel. It may not happen as this is a close knit church group but I can see the lawyers thinking now...She (and they)had a duty to protect and failed...so pay me...
It never read if she and the others were in a paid or voluntary position as a security force.

Murray was shot multiple times by a security guard at the church, but the coroner's office said the shot that killed him came from his own weapon.

My opinion of this is that her actions probably forced his hand into the suicide. He knew he wasn't going to succeed and didn't want to face the charges and consequences of his actions.

The world is going to hell or at least it seems like it. Is it just me or is America becoming an increasing dangerous place to live. I mean i am only 21 and all these school shooting, church, mall and people opening fire in public places. .

It's not just you, but it is to a large extent a creation of the media. A lot of, if not most of, the perception is driven by the media presenting what are really a fairly infrequent number of events as something that happens every day. Two similar incidents so close to each other is unusual, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Colorado shooter was inspired by the Nebraska incidents.

Gary

Well yes banning girls would of kept me out of trouble back in high school and college, hell i might of gotten better grades but i like to think all that trouble/fun was worth it.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/12/11/national/main3608589.shtml?source=mostpop_story

Another shooting some sick twisted person shot kids getting off a school bus. I mean who in their right mind would do that to kids.

This isn't a random event, it's gang related. It's very likely that the shooters and the victims knew each other and there was bad blood between them. Gang shooters also don't care a whole lot about whether bystanders get shot or not, so some of the victims might have been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

She had a Beretta 9mm with a 10rd mag and emptied it.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/14839707/detail.html

Arms said Jeanne Assam, the volunteer security guard at New Life who shot and wounded Murray, had a Beretta 9mm semiautomatic handgun and fired a total of 10 rounds.

The weapons at New Life Church were:

Bushmaster XM15 Assault Rifle, purchased on Jan. 9, 2007 at the Sportsman's Warehouse at 14140 E. Ellsworth in Aurora
AK-47 Assault Rifle, purchased Nov. 17, 2006 at Robert's Firearms at 18498 E. Colfax in Aurora.
Beretta .40 cal. semi-automatic handgun purchased on Jan. 4, 2007 at Sportsman’s Warehouse at 555 N. Chelton Rd in Colorado Springs.
Springfield Armory 9mm semi-automatic handgun purchased on Sept. 11, 2007 at Dave's Guns at 1842 S. Parker Rd. in Denver

[rofl] Figures...your screen name says it all ... News (liberal) Shooter (I can have a gun because I am somebody but the rest of the law abiding citizens shouldn't because they are all idiots and don't think <I use that term loosely> like me)
We should settle this down at a range someday....a bunch of citizens that "don't have the stills or training to get involved in a gunfight.." and you. BTW...just to add to your ignorance a citizen could be a former vet that has protected your right to say stupid stuff or a current vet home on leave ..once again suffering for paying for your share of freedom that you so readily use and are willing to deny others, perhaps the citizen is a reserve police officer who works in an office as his full time job or a woman who has decided that after 11 SEP 2001 that she wasn't going to let herself, her family or any other United States Citizen fall victim to an evil force such as Al Quida....well I'm sure you get the point by now.

In other words put up or shut up....a bunch of citizens and a bunch of you.
Merry CHRISTMAS!!!! Yea CHRISTMAS
Ciao

I don't believe this anyway. It is common knowledge that citizens don't have the stills or training to get involved in a gunfight..why there would be thousands of innocents killed in the cross fire

[rofl] Figures...your screen name says it all ... News (liberal) Shooter (I can have a gun because I am somebody but the rest of the law abiding citizens shouldn't because they are all idiots and don't think <I use that term loosely> like me)
We should settle this down at a range someday....a bunch of citizens that "don't have the stills or training to get involved in a gunfight.." and you. BTW...just to add to your ignorance a citizen could be a former vet that has protected your right to say stupid stuff or a current vet home on leave ..once again suffering for paying for your share of freedom that you so readily use and are willing to deny others, perhaps the citizen is a reserve police officer who works in an office as his full time job or a woman who has decided that after 11 SEP 2001 that she wasn't going to let herself, her family or any other United States Citizen fall victim to an evil force such as Al Quida....well I'm sure you get the point by now.
*holds out a salt shaker*

Might as well salt those words, son... you're about to eat them.

You owe News Shooter an apology. He was being SARCASTIC. I admit, he didn't use a smiley, but no one else thought he was being serious. Try looking up some of his other posts and see if you think that what you quoted is his REAL opinion.

HUH!

Ciao
HUH!
Did I miss something? I think he was being sarcastic. A lot of that on this forum.
Chill out and Merry Christmas.

Lol! An honest mistake by bazzo... he'll know better next time. Always good to look before you leap in real life, AND on the internet.

You owe News Shooter an apology. He was being SARCASTIC. I admit, he didn't use a smiley, but no one else thought he was being serious. Try looking up some of his other posts and see if you think that what you quoted is his REAL opinion.

+1, Ross... I think a bit of reading comprehension is in order.

-Mike

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,316322,00.html

Armed security staff? So what, the Pope now has an AK under his robes? Stoopid media.

It’s really semantics here. She was an ex LEO (actually fired from the job I have read, but that’s here nor there…) about a decade ago, and was a non-paid volunteer at the church who has a CCW. Thus, is she a “security officer” or a simple CCW holder who helps out with security? Proponents of CCW are going to clam the latter.

The media and anti CCW types will hang on the fact she was ex LEO (and are claiming she was “highly trained”) and a “security guard” because they loath to actually simply admit a civilian with a CCW who was there as a non paid volunteer to help guard the church after the earlier shooting, took out a BG, prevented many deaths, and proved armed people make a positive difference.

If anyone has facts that counter the above, by all means correct me. So far, the above is what I have gathered so far.

Yes, it’s a shame there are these loopholes for the media and antis to grab onto to avoid the simple fact this was a civilian CCW shooting of a BG, but that’s exactly what it was from the info I have gathered…

Ciao

Wow! Someone woke up in a smarmy mood this morning[rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom