• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Chipotle: "Don't Bring Guns in our Stores"

I will NOT enter into any establishment that portrays itself as a gun free zone.

Does anyone think the stupid ass criminals understand nuanced policies?

They ask their customers not to bring guns into their stores and hope they will comply with that request.

But on the same token they're realistic about it, they know that some people won't give a crap and still do it anyways. So they hedge and basically, say without saying, "stop being gay and inserting us into your activism/protest. We don't want to deal with it". And while that sucks, it's trivial to see why Starbucks and Chipotle have gone down that road.

Course, if they post binding signage, (in the states that have it) and its "policy from corporate" IMHO that ups things a notch.

-Mike

But on the same token they're realistic about it, they know that some people won't give a crap and still do it anyways. So they hedge and basically, say without saying, "stop being gay and inserting us into your activism/protest. We don't want to deal with it". And while that sucks, it's trivial to see why Starbucks and Chipotle have gone down that road.

Course, if they post binding signage, (in the states that have it) and its "policy from corporate" IMHO that ups things a notch.

-Mike

I know they're in a tough spot but they could have just STFU and it would have blown over. They are negotiating with terrorists.

I know they're in a tough spot but they could have just STFU and it would have blown over. They are negotiating with terrorists.

The Starbucks fiasco would have blown over too, but then some brainiacs decided it would be nice to stage a Starbucks open carry appreciation day.

The Starbucks fiasco would have blown over too, but then some brainiacs decided it would be nice to stage a Starbucks open carry appreciation day.
I was one of them. I supported the open display. I didn't open carry here in MA, but I made special trips to go into their stores and handed out 2 dollar bills as tips (the baristas had no idea what it was all about). Even though I prefer Dunkies over Charbux.

But ya know, when you see the results of your actions (or actions that you support) and you see the results are not favorable, you change your opinion and your tactics. My position on it was clearly wrong.

I was one of them. I supported the open display. I didn't open carry here in MA, but I made special trips to go into their stores and handed out 2 dollar bills as tips (the baristas had no idea what it was all about). Even though I prefer Dunkies over Charbux.

But ya know, when you see the results of your actions (or actions that you support) and you see the results are not favorable, you change your opinion and your tactics. My position on it was clearly wrong.
I don't know that the jury is back in yet.

There are two ways to look at the reaction and the reaction to the reaction (and the reaction to the reaction to the reaction by thin skinned gun owners [wink]).

Again, I come at this from the perspective that there are more productive uses of poltical capital, BUT...

If you look at it from the perspective of bigotry, it can fester and simmer for a long time if it is not brought to a head. If people just get in line and "go to the back of the bus, then we can all get along" right?

This forces us as a society to confront the hoplophbia that has been created by progressives and media trying to "brain wash" (Holder's exact words) society into thinking guns are evil.

Again and again with bigoted, discriminatory contexts in this country, people who claimed to be supportive and advocating acceptance would chide the "out of favor" for "flaunting" their differences. The big changes in acceptance and tolerance of people different than you came with the extremes and disrupting this quiet compliance.

There is no amendment protecting your right to drive a car or ride a horse.
probably because most would have died of laughing fits if ben franklin or the like had asked if they thought horses and carts needed to be sheltered under the bill of rights umbrella.
but i guess hindsight really is 20/20

probably because most would have died of laughing fits if ben franklin or the like had asked if they thought horses and carts needed to be sheltered under the bill of rights umbrella.
Indeed, they'd put on a boat with no oars and push you toward England... Something we might need to consider again. [laugh]

Maybe because no abusive government had subjugated their people by restricting horse riding... and if they had tried they would have been seen as horse thieves and hung, drawn, quartered, run out of town on rails, tarred and feathered... not necessarily in that order.

Indeed, they'd put on a boat with no oars and push you toward England... Something we might need to consider again. [laugh]
Fascinating concept.

I saw a picture of some idiot open carry protesters holding ARs at the low ready with magazines inserted inside a chipotle. I can't say that I wouldn't be inclined to draw on them or make a hasty exit if I saw that when i walked in. A slung rifle is a different story, but with behavior like what I just described, I'm not surprised that Chipotle doesn't want guns in their stores.

With that being said, I will either continue carrying concealed in their stores or else stop eating there completely.

Welcome to the thread.

Back
Top Bottom