Chilling Ring camera video shows man shoot and kill his daughter's ex-boyfriend, 22, after he tried to break into their home through the front door

Grand jury was correct. Daughter's reaction was not surprising, and I see a strained relationship in Dad's future. He'll probably wish he did something a little differently if he hasn't already.

She thanked her dad said he saved her life.
Who would the dad have a strained relationship with?

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20220831-122219_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220831-122219_Chrome.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 26
and the nosy neighbor was too.
an interesting part of the story. i just cannot see myself running toward an active shooting scene with screams 'do not shoot me'. would you?
Hereford [the neighbor] doesn't agree with the grand jury decision not to charge Mitchell Duckro. 'If he entered the house, why did he shoot through the door,' Hereford says…

Rayl's family don't agree with the decision not to prosecute. His sister, Jessica Marie Colbert, says that her brother had no malice intended that day and should not have been killed. 'Mitch Duckro shot him in the back and killed him,' she wrote on Facebook. 'I hope your days are more miserable than they've ever been. You're a disgusting excuse of a human being along with your daughter.'

Not a gang thing, so any “vendetta” will be through civil court lawsuit. While there wasn’t enough information to say for sure, shooting through the door doesn’t really give you much view of a retreating attacker’s back. The shots were all within seconds.

His eyes were twitching, being non verbal, taking that door in that manner, the hands the movements seemed to scream he had taken something.

Ohio doorbell shooting: Woman says ex-boyfriend killed by dad 'different' after move to California, drug use​

Allyson Duckro recalls father Mitchell shooting, killing ex-boyfriend James Rayl​

His eyes were twitching, being non verbal, taking that door in that manner, the hands the movements seemed to scream he had taken something.
Absolutely , the maggot had the Tweaker grunts and twitches down perfectly. I assumed ALL shots were fired blindly thru the doors, so the 3rd one is fine.

I don't understand that either.

But I kind of can see the case for charges. He did turn and leave almost immediately after the 1st shot. He was heading for the driveway when the 3rd one hit, so how much danger were they in at that point?
Maybe it was just the training ?
2 center mass 1 to the pumpkin. Ithink the shot in the back was because the shoulder shots started him on a spin.
I dont understand , Some people get to shoot you until you are no longer a threat. Movement away from you does not always mean the end of a threat.

Absolutely , the maggot had the Tweaker grunts and twitches down perfectly. I assumed ALL shots were fired blindly thru the doors, so the 3rd one is fine.
That Hard blink blink …. Yeah some people might have some aort of nerve damage but man Everyone I ever seen with that heavy blink was a problem in my small circle of life.

Maybe he should have retreated before he busted through the door.

Then he would more than likely be alive today.

He got what he deserved.

If dad didn’t have a gun, dad, the daughter and everyone else in the house might have gotten killed.

Then we would all be wishing the homeowner had a gun.

I am pleased with how this turned out.

Maybe it was just the training ?
2 center mass 1 to the pumpkin. Ithink the shot in the back was because the shoulder shots started him on a spin.
I dont understand , Some people get to shoot you until you are no longer a threat. Movement away from you does not always mean the end of a threat.
He seemed to be trying to get away from there to me. I'd be curious to know what the door was like and how much visibility the dad actually had to the outside.

Why all the violence. I’m sure it would’ve been enough to invite the young fellow in, have your wife make him a sandwich, and then talk some sense into him. There’s an unnecessarily lost life here. The young man acted out of love and desperation. Now, some parents lost a child, and for what? Just because a dad was a trigger happy jackass.

just kidding. Shoot the motherclocker and be done with it.

Last edited:
Then the threat was over, right?
He was vertical, so the threat was still imminent

If we are trying to read the mind of the dead perp; "I believe that when he was exiting, he was on his way to get his own firearm"

All I know from the video is the dad “had bro doing the stanky leg”….ha ha ha - who frigg'n cares if the douche caught a couple of rounds in the back

I don't agree. There's a line between self-defense and murder.
The dad didn't follow him outside and add a couple of extra pops while dudebro was slumped over. That, IMO, would be murder. This was an unfortunate, but entirely avoidable, situation. If dudebro didn't try to force the door, he'd never have fallen afoul of the ancient wisdom of Ching-Ching Pow, The Way of the Intercepting Nine Millimeter.

If the reports are accurate there is more footage not shown in this video of the parents telling the guy to leave and go away. The guy had plenty of opportunity to walk away. As far as the 3 shots with one in the back. Why are the cops allowed to, several of them at once, mag dump on people all the time and walk away but some of you want to jam up this guy for "maybe" intentionally putting one extra round in the guy's back.

Last edited:
He was vertical, so the threat was still imminent

If we are trying to read the mind of the dead perp; "I believe that when he was exiting, he was on his way to get his own firearm"

All I know from the video is the dad “had bro doing the stanky leg”….ha ha ha - who frigg'n cares if the douche caught a couple of rounds in the back
He was turned around and trying to walk away, so not that hard to read the perp's mind.

you can never read anyone's mind...I choose to believe that the perp was exiting to arm himself and re-engage..making him a legal viable target
The point is I didn't have to. When the perp turns his back and is trying to get away, I don't have to be the Amazing Kreskin to figure out what's going on.

I don't agree. There's a line between self-defense and murder.

There is and this was squarely on the side of justified self defense.

The guy was told to leave. He tried to break down the door. The father told him he had a gun. He broke down the door.

I’d be fine with shooting someone who’s trying to break down your door even before they succeed, and here the father waited until after.

You cannot know the guys intentions other than knowing they aren’t good.

And you somehow think this is murder? GTFOOH.

He turned his back to hide the gun he was pulling out. Now you’re dead. Thanks for playing.
Nah, I'm not playing hypotheticals now. I'm examining the facts in this case. Perp had not breached the door as far as I can tell from the video. Perp had 2 bullets holes already and was staggering away from the house before the 3rd dropped him toward the driveway. I think it's perfectly reasonable to wonder how much of a threat he really was at this point.

Time from first to third shot is 2 seconds.
1st shot goes into the left shoulder from the front
Perp starts to turn around
2nd shot breaks as the perp rotates his right shoulder around - not likely distinguishable through the door from him stepping back for another hard hit
3rd shot breaks just as he has fully rotated and starts noping the f' out a there.

Given the slow rate of fire by the dad, I would say he was locked into the observation loop trying to get his sights back on target and doesn't comprehend the target has fully turned until the sights reacquire after the third shot. At the point he was able to ascertain the immediate danger was ending he stopped firing.

Nah, I'm not playing hypotheticals now. I'm examining the facts in this case. Perp had not breached the door as far as I can tell from the video. Perp had 2 bullets holes already and was staggering away from the house before the 3rd dropped him toward the driveway. I think it's perfectly reasonable to wonder how much of a threat he really was at this point.
My understanding was that the father was shooting through the door and so probably had limited visibility. In general I would like to cut people a little slack when cognitive processing and reaction time become factors in when to stop shooting, but if the father can't see the guy staggering away, it's only a question about whether it was OK to open fire at all. The grand jury apparently decided it was. At first I was concerned about what was beyond his target, but it looks like there is nothing and nobody in that direction.

Back
Top Bottom