Chilling Ring camera video shows man shoot and kill his daughter's ex-boyfriend, 22, after he tried to break into their home through the front door

Reptile

NES Member
  • Mitchell Duckro, of Sydney, Ohio, shot his daughter's ex-boyfriend James Rayl, 22, three times
  • Rayl was struck in the left shoulder, right shoulder and back through the front door as he tried to break into the family's home
  • Allyson Duckro had broken up with Rayl a year and a half before the shooting, but he left a voicemail the night before and stopped by the house unannounced
  • A Shelby County grand jury voted 8 to 1 not to indict based on Ohio's 'Stand Your Ground' law

Saw this on Twitter yesterday and the comments were hilarious

My favorite was a guy who said, “Had bro doing the stanky leg”….I am still laughing at that one

And yeah, there were the usual back-and-forth from ppl arguing over justification (boring..grand jury decided no charges based on stand-your-ground law)

makes you wonder what would an MA based jury do there, considering the video of the shot in the back. don`t think it would be a similar outcome here.
I would have waited until be breeched the door, face first into my living room.

I would have waited until be breeched the door, face first into my living room.
i understand he did, it was seen how his frame made it in after busting the deadbolt, and the first shot was probably done inside - from what can be seen - but the last shot was definitely outside and while perp was fleeing, into the back.

those laws are a lot of fun.

makes you wonder what would an MA based jury do there, considering the video of the shot in the back. don`t think it would be a similar outcome here.

Glad the dad isn't in Mass, as you're probably right. I see nothing wrong with it. Personally, I feel a coup de grace is warranted in most shootings - but that's definitely a no no.

You aren’t welcome. You try to force entry, all rules are out the window in America.

PSG, WSP. After trying
To break down a mans door, I believe he would be justified to empty the magazine in him while he’s bleeding out in the driveway. Don’t like that, don’t try to break into a house you’re not welcome in. The dad deserves a medal for the money he saved and likely the trail of victims he would have left in his wake.

Yep, not looking forward to my daughter's reaching dating age. Then you have to deal with all the soy boys everyone is raising. They get 1 girlfriend and think that's it, she's the only one, and because there are so many limp-wristed lady-men today, they are probably right.

I was kind of wondering about the shot in the back too.
and the nosy neighbor was too.
an interesting part of the story. i just cannot see myself running toward an active shooting scene with screams 'do not shoot me'. would you?

It only would have been "chilling" if the father wasnt armed. That kid wasnt breaking through the door to have a nice lunch with tea and bisquits.
Thats why every father can relate to this on some level.
I'm going to throw a .45 round at my daughters first boyfriend and tell him "If you F@@k with her thats coming at you a lot faster"...(Yes...I cant take credit for that saying but I do love it)

and the nosy neighbor was too.
an interesting part of the story. i just cannot see myself running toward an active shooting scene with screams 'do not shoot me'. would you?
I don't understand that either.

But I kind of can see the case for charges. He did turn and leave almost immediately after the 1st shot. He was heading for the driveway when the 3rd one hit, so how much danger were they in at that point?

Grand jury was correct. Daughter's reaction was not surprising, and I see a strained relationship in Dad's future. He'll probably wish he did something a little differently if he hasn't already.
"Hey hun, this new guy seems like an a**h***, remember what happened the last time you dated an a**h***?"

Or

"My dad killed my ex, it was legal though so it's cool"

A dad defending his daughter from clearly aggressive guy how broke a door for entry--dad maybe ok in MA. One of us single guys protecting our homes and belongings from the exact same threat in MA....not so sure how that would go.

I didn't hear anything but the shots and screams.

Was the father just waiting there silently with a gun ready, didn't tell the dude to get off his property or whatever?
I think if you listen carefully...the father tells him he has a gun and the kid continues to force his way in. Probably a considering factor of why the father wasn't charged.

I didn't hear anything but the shots and screams.

Was the father just waiting there silently with a gun ready, didn't tell the dude to get off his property or whatever?
Never give away your position.

I'm going to throw a .45 round at my daughters first boyfriend and tell him "If you F@@k with her thats coming at you a lot faster"...(Yes...I cant take credit for that saying but I do love it)
My daughter's first "boyfriend" was a farmer kid who was skinny as a rail. I told my daughter I liked him, because I could bury him with a post hole digger.

"Boyfriend" is in quotes because the "date" consisted of the school dance and saying they were dating. It was 7th grade silliness.

Back
Top Bottom