Cherry Bomb by Q is a Quickie Fast-Attach muzzle brake: Legal in Mass?

Shots at the SHOT Show after parties, just before the Remington debacle (maybe 2008 and 2009, or 2009 and 2010) then years later when Q got rolling at SHOT again and come to find out the the new company is in the back yard now (sorta... almost). The stop at Sig makes a lot of sense. Seemed like a fairly fun and funny guy for this industry (pre-youtube era) but maybe I misjudged?
Q doesn't make anything. They outsource everything. All they do is assemble in NH.

Yes, but I'm not using it for that.
I like the way it looks and it comes with some uppers I'm looking at.

All I want to know is if it is legal.

I'm hoping that the LE would look beyond the threads and realize that its not a FLASH HIDER - which is what I'm really trying to avoid for legal purposes.
I think if your under the eyes of LE those threads WILL be a problem , maybe a small problem in the grand scheme of MA law if your being scrutinized legally ??

the muzzle brake is not the barrel. Sorry. Words have meaning.
Yes they do , but those words will be settled in court. If your wrapped up trying to defend yourself with that Thing on your rifle Im sure there are 10 other things they are trying to hang you on also.

Not if you pin and weld the damn thing because you'd have to drill and weld right in the middle of the threads.

I’d argue it’s doable. But also it’s really stupid f***ing thing to do with no point. I’m not exactly sure what reptiles trying to accomplish. If it’s a 16” length thing you have to pin the break onto the quick anyway so it doesn’t really matter..And accomplishes nothing. Time will be better spent getting your FFL and getting a suppressor

Hmmm. Color me wrong. She had that "sitting on the porch of a 3 decker in Lowell drinking a light beer" look about her back in the day. She cleaned up well. It isn't often a woman looks better at 50 than at 20. (And yeah, I'm talking beyond the awful early 80's hair and makeup. LOL)

Yes they do , but those words will be settled in court. If your wrapped up trying to defend yourself with that Thing on your rifle Im sure there are 10 other things they are trying to hang you on also.
The barrel isn't threaded. End of discussion.

But I see your point. Like so much of what we choose to do WITHIN the law, risk tolerance plays a part.

My risk tolerance is low so everything I own is built on preban receivers. I'm not wealthy. Just old. Ha. (I remember when you could get a pre-ban AR lower for $200!! No joke)

So ... you are saying I could get an AR with a 2" barrel and attach an additional 14" of muzzle brakes?
Yes. This was also done on the Colt Commando SP1. It was a 10.5" barreled gun with a 5.5" flash hider on it.

Of course that's just dumb. If you are going to have the length, you might as well have it serve a purpose.

iu-4.jpeg

Another interesting trick has been done by Tactical Solutions with their SBX barrel.

Imagine a 10 inch barrel with a 6" shroud welded on to bring the length of the assembly up to 16".

The idea is to install a suppressor inside the shroud. Then you have a gun with the total suppressed length of a 10" barreled gun without the need for a SBR stamp and tax.

161375.jpg

Yes. This was also done on the Colt Commando SP1. It was a 10.5" barreled gun with a 5.5" flash hider on it.

Of course that's just dumb. If you are going to have the length, you might as well have it serve a purpose.

View attachment 507072
Not what I was talking about. I want multiple compensators so I can compensate while I compensate.

You can do that and make it legal, but every stupid f***ing dingus has to be permanently attached (read pinned + welded etc) to the thing below it to bring it out to 16" [rofl]
But bro, it would compensate so much, would it even have recoil?

Not what I was talking about. I want multiple compensators so I can compensate while I compensate.
full

Perfect for a NES car shoot.
^ QFTMFT - I've seen the imagery.

Back
Top Bottom