Charging LEOs to use Club Range

Gobi railed against the Healy AR ruling at the July, 2016 State House rally. I was surprised when Healey gave her a plum sinecure after she became governor. And in a conservative district, which, as you noted, elected a Republican to replace her.
If she was anti gun or anti hunting out here she would have been voted out. But she was a dem and socially liberal and voted for all the other stupid shit.
She had some old FUDDS still voting for her out here over Republicans because they were stupid and didn't track her record on other things.

Im pretty sure she voted for drivers licenses for illegals and shit like that. Im sure she was a part of the LGBTA girls club, that's why Healey moved her out...but they lost a seat over it. Not that it matters statewide, but having Durant in is nice.

Rule number one of dealing with police:

never talk to the police

Rule number two of dealing with the police:

if they’re asking for permission, the answer is always automatically no.

May we shoot at your range?
No

Do I have consent to search your vehicle?
No

Rule number three of dealing with the police:

never deviate from the first two rules.

Last edited:
If she was anti gun or anti hunting out here she would have been voted out. But she was a dem and socially liberal and voted for all the other stupid shit.
She had some old FUDDS still voting for her out here over Republicans because they were stupid and didn't track her record on other things.

Im pretty sure she voted for drivers licenses for illegals and shit like that. Im sure she was a part of the LGBTA girls club, that's why Healey moved her out...but they lost a seat over it. Not that it matters statewide, but having Durant in is nice.

Here's the thing in Mass: If you want someone to be pro gun, *AND* get/stay elected, you're going to get "the other stupid shit"

Hard right wing purists can't get elected in Mass, even out west.

Like I said in a previous post:

A club that I may or may not be a current member of, use to let the local PD use our ranges because we were nice people, and didn't want to piss off the local PD. They treated our facilities poorly to say the least. After consideration of the possible consequences we just told them, "we like you but our insurance guy told us we can't let you use the range". They moved on and now trash the other club in town.

Clubs are afraid of pissing off the PD and causing LTC issuance issues. I say this from personal experience as a BOD member of one club for 14 yrs.
Really?
Then every department should clear any LTC application within or under the law.
I’m so sick of this shit.
Let the towns screw the taxpayers for their private, departments use only under every freaking OHSA/EPA law you can think of. Maybe someone will wake up.

I work in Plainville right on the Bristol/Norfolk county line next to the N. Attleboro town forrest, is that who I hear shooting all the time? next to Boro Sand & Stone
Could be some employees popping off a few rounds during lunch or after work.
The Town Forest has homeless people living in tents about a couple of hundred yards in. Could be a meth lab too. I wouldn't put it past the homeless or the Village Green or Willow Trace Apartment dwellers to be cooking meth in those abutting woods or shooting illegally. Those two apartment complexes are filled with Plainville's finest!

We had a LEO organization run by a pro gun guy use our ranges for many years. He was replaced by an anti gun guy supported by Bloombergs organization. So we sent him a letter that they were no longer welcome. Now 18 months later after paying over $10,000 last year to use another PD range he came hat in hand to get back in. Not happening.

Could be some employees popping off a few rounds during lunch or after work.
The Town Forest has homeless people living in tents about a couple of hundred yards in. Could be a meth lab too. I wouldn't put it past the homeless or the Village Green or Willow Trace Apartment dwellers to be cooking meth in those abutting woods or shooting illegally. Those two apartment complexes are filled with Plainville's finest!
Ah yes Willow Trace!

1) there aren’t enough such facilities and it would cost millions to build them. 2) I’ve been to lots of clubs that can safely hold such square range qualifications.
Eh , ehat where they doing before they came to the club?

Eh , ehat where they doing before they came to the club?
They never came to my club so I don’t know what town you are referring to.

In my town, the old police station had a range in the basement. The new station doesn’t have a range. The police used to train on a range near the town dump, but a couple years ago a developer built an apartment building there. So I don’t know where our town police are training these days.

I suspect that it isn’t easy for a police department to rent a range at Ft. Devens, due to many departments and few ranges. And if a department does choose to train at Devens, then it hurts their budget as they have to pay their officers for the travel time to and from Devens.

Here's the thing in Mass: If you want someone to be pro gun, *AND* get/stay elected, you're going to get "the other stupid shit"

Hard right wing purists can't get elected in Mass, even out west.
North Central MA....Red state area........with my current Rep or Senator....they vote against all the stupid shit. They are Republican, real ones and get voted in every year. They are constantly out voted on stupid shit, because the rest of the state is fully retarded and votes for Democrats.

Western MA is full of hippies and college fags that's why the Dems get in.

Last edited:
North Central MA....Red state area........with my current Rep or Senator....they vote against all the stupid shit. They are Republican, real ones and get voted in every year. They are constantly out voted on stupid shit, because the rest of the state is fully retarded and votes for Democrats.

Wait until they nuke your District with gerrymandering sauce, it's coming hopefully you will have moved out of the state by then. The dems are getting uppity about the two small splotches of red left in mass.

Wait until they nuke your District with gerrymandering sauce, it's coming hopefully you will have moved out of the state by then. The dems are getting uppity about the two small splotches of red left in mass.
Yeah.......I'm sure its coming....along with the illegals filling up the area hotels that will "vote" all democrat with suitcase ballots sent to hotels and collected by one person.

They already gerrymander it heavily for our douche Congressman McGovern.

If everything goes to plan it won't matter for me by July and my vote will actually count in this Pres election for once in my life.

As a member of a club that lets local LEO use it for qualification…

They are the worst people as a group I have ever seen. Zero weapon discipline. No concept of a cold range with everyone waving weapons and playing with ammo when people are down range. No muzzle discipline with hot weapons getting pointed EVERYWHERE. Brass left everywhere when they leave. Live ammo left everywhere when they leave.

I am clearly talking about them as a group. Lots of individuals know what they are doing and are members in good standing. But as a group they are horrible. I leave the range if they are on the property…

I'll second this and add that they also tend to shoot up anything that is down range as far as target holders.

Remember, in MA police officers are required to fire their gun once per year.

How good would be if you only shot once per year.

Two of the ranges I belong to have cops.
Scarborough, the cops have their own ranges (2), so they don't really impact the rest of us. Most of the Southern Maine agencies use it. I have no idea if they pay us or not.
Capital City R&P in Augusta (Crap City), the State Police, Warden Service, and a few local agencies rent either the pistol range or the main range for days at a time (weekdays). I'd say either or both are off limits for us dues-paying members for at least 30 days during the year. Here's the kicker: they pay $30 FOR THE DAY! Didn't matter how many officers show up; $30!!!
Some of us mention it at the meetings about how stupid that is, and we always hear the same answer "well, uh, it's a goodwill gesture. It shows were civic minded. If we didn't do that, we'd probably get a lot more noise complaints."
"WHAT???!!!" Like 30 cowboy cops lined up, all doing mag dumps at the same time doesn't make more noise than a few guys sighting in their rifles.

As a member of a club that lets local LEO use it for qualification…

They are the worst people as a group I have ever seen. Zero weapon discipline. No concept of a cold range with everyone waving weapons and playing with ammo when people are down range. No muzzle discipline with hot weapons getting pointed EVERYWHERE. Brass left everywhere when they leave. Live ammo left everywhere when they leave.

I am clearly talking about them as a group. Lots of individuals know what they are doing and are members in good standing. But as a group they are horrible. I leave the range if they are on the property…

I'll second this and add that they also tend to shoot up anything that is down range as far as target holders.

Remember, in MA police officers are required to fire their gun once per year.

How good would be if you only shot once per year.
I totally agree.

No, I guess it doesnt matter where they came from. But if my memory is correct (and It might be wrong), it was a state or fed agency in the 80's or 90's that ruined that range.

Something I'd certainly keep in mind if I was the OP.

MA would greatly benefit from having a guard rifle range on the northshore. But, since MA sucks, well you know.

Every single guy on that line has at least one issue with form, gear setup, etc, and that's putting aside the random dogshit rifle setups they are all using.
I've noticed a few carry handle set ups with the dot further foward of the handle

Redondo Beach wants to build $17 million police shooting range​

The USAF @Fairchild AFB partnered for the first time ever with a local government, Spokane County, WA and their Sheriff's Office, to build a $45,000,000 range together. It opened late last year.
1715857682493.png

Last edited:

Nicely put !!! 😁

I used to live in Gloucester. Just looked the at the GPD facebook post with the pics. Seems that the post was shared by a few of the liberal city councilors. Now why would the liberal city councilors be doing that? How can this be good for the Cape Ann Sportsman's Club? The neighbors in west Gloucester were successful in getting a range on public property that police were using closed a couple years ago because they whined about the noise. The cops were inviting multiple police agencies, including the coast guard over to do mag dumps etc. Oddly enough my city councilor told me that I was one of a very few who called him in favor of NOT closing that range. It was at Haskell Pond, it was not open to the public, just a play ground for the cops. I supported it on 2A alone just because people were whining about hearing gunfire.....just how I roll regardless of what I may think of the cops at times. I could hear the automatic fire at my house but it was in the distance a bit. I know that the Cape Ann Sportsman's Club is at this time protected by Mass law about the noise but people need to grasp that laws can be repealed. So MAYBE the club should ask the police to refrain form posting pics on their web page? Are the Gloucester cops going to give me a pass if I whip out my CASC membership card if they decide to jack me up on one of those stupid and questionably constitutional gun laws? I doubt it. Maybe for a board member, IDK. Virtue signalling to a group of maybe 200 ain't gonna get you anywhere.
And your point is? If you're a member of CASP bring it up at a monthly meeting rather than airing, your opinions on an open forum.... Just saying. It does not help the club by doing so.

Back
Top Bottom