• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Charging Bear Killed in Alaska

It was apparently an old bear. It's teeth were worn down to nubs. Everything dies eventually. People just aren't usually an option on the menu for starving bears, but that's apparently changing.

Not a good advertisement for Ruger if his gun jammed after four or five shots.

His Revolver jammed? After 5 or 6 shots, wasn't he just empty?

According the Ruger website, the Super Redhawk chambered in .454 Casull is a six-shooter.

Brush instinctively back-pedaled to avoid the charge, drawing the Ruger from its holster. “I fired from the hip as he closed the distance,” Brush recalls. “I know I missed the first shot, but I clearly hit him after that. I believe I fired four or five shots. ”
I wonder if he just emptied his revolver in panic and only thought it jammed.

But you're right, Bob - that's not a good advertisement for Ruger.

It was apparently an old bear. It's teeth were worn down to nubs. Everything dies eventually. People just aren't usually an option on the menu for starving bears, but that's apparently changing.

A new trend maybe, suicide by hiker?

From the title I can tell the banks are getting really irresponsible these days.

Giving bears charge cards and all.

Was he buying bear food or lodging when popped ?

(this was the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the title - you beat me to it!)

So, how far behind was he on payments before they sent the legbreakers after him?

With global warming turning the north into a tropical paradise, you'd think that there would be plenty of stuff in the new Alaskan jungles.

The only species now found in overabundance as a result of global warming appears to be the urban moonbat. They're positively thriving.

j/k
If all the moonbats died, we wouldn't have anyone to make fun of.
We'll keep a special limited breeding program running at the zoo...

Then we can say in a french accent:
"And this is the rare and beautiful 20th century liberal... They used to be quite common all over the world, but much like the Panda, their breeding habits and utterly lacking survival skills mean that only carefully controlled conservation projects keep a tiny population alive in climate controlled living arrangements such as the enclosure you see before you... Note that all of its needs are taken care of by the handlers. The Liberal is a parasite that requires a high functioning host to provide for its needs... Please keep back from the glass, they can infringe on your rights quite easily... "

Either that or we can just make fun of Blitz... [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom