• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Charges dropped against Farmington NH man

Actually you can go ahead and draw, it's permitted by law.

Too bad WMUR isn't permitting comments. I'd like to know what kind of remedial training the Farmington police department will be required to take to insure they are familiar with the laws thay are required to uphold.

Note that the above statute says displaying and likely means displaying an arm at the ready in a holster and not pointing it at someone like they are about to shoot. It MAY cover drawing and holding a firearm at the ready (pointed down) but it's a distinction a court could make that I would hate for someone to discover the hard way. Keep in mind that the situation that law was passed to remedy was a man who open carried a gun. He did not IIRC pull the gun out and point it at the person, though he may have had it out of the holster or it was a long arm and he had it across his chest. But there was no pointing of the gun in the hikers face.

Note that the above statute says displaying and likely means displaying an arm at the ready in a holster and not pointing it at someone like they are about to shoot.

No. it means you can draw and point your handgun at the perp. Your choice to warn him away, detain for arrest or shoot.

Do a search on Ward Bird.

No. it means you can draw and point your handgun at the perp. Your choice to warn him away, detain for arrest or shoot.

Do a search on Ward Bird.

Display is not defined and I would be leery of testing how far "display" goes. But hey, I could be wrong.

Just heard on FOX25 that he took out his 38 millimeter gun and went after the guy. That must be one big azz gun.

Sent from behind enemy lines using Tapatalk.

Back
Top Bottom