change of address question

im sending in my change of address notices today. i hold a LTC and a FID, so do i need to send a letter for each one? or could i just put both numbers on the form and send a copy of both of them?

No need for copies, just a single letter to each (IA, new town and FRB) listing LTC and FID #s and addresses (old and new) . . . each sent Certified Mail ONLY (suggest return receipt) to comply with the law. No special forms or other info is required by law.

Thank you Lens!

Also, according to the form the state provides for the change of address, you need to provide a copy of the front of your licence.
http://www.mass.gov/eopss/docs/chsb/firearms/change-of-address-notification-rev-01-05-09.pdf

CJIS claims a lot of things that are NOT in MGL. Nowhere here (below) does it say you need to submit special forms or send copies of your licenses to anyone.

MGL C. 140 S. 129B - FID
(11)
[FONT=LKAOBC+TimesNewRoman,Times New Roman][FONT=LKAOBC+TimesNewRoman,Times New Roman]A cardholder shall notify, in writing, the licensing authority that issued such card, the chief of police into whose jurisdiction such cardholder moves and the executive director of the criminal history systems board of any change of address. Such notification shall be made by certified mail within 30 days of its occurrence. Failure to so notify shall be cause for revocation or suspension of such card. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=LKAOBC+TimesNewRoman,Times New Roman][FONT=LKAOBC+TimesNewRoman,Times New Roman][/FONT][/FONT]

MGL C. 140 S. 131 - LTC
[A quick search and I didn't find similar wording there but I know it is in there somewhere.]

MGL C. 140 S. 131 - LTC
[A quick search and I didn't find similar wording there but I know it is in there somewhere.]

Yup, subsection (l)...

...Any licensee shall notify, in writing, the licensing authority who issued said license, the chief of police into whose jurisdiction the licensee moves and the executive director of the criminal history systems board of any change of address. Such notification shall be made by certified mail within 30 days of its occurrence. Failure to so notify shall be cause for revocation or suspension of said license...

Back
Top Bottom