• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CCW in House Of Worship

I know a rabbi whose contract at one time contained the clause "The rabbi agrees to not carry a gun in the temple". Geeze ... some people never get it.

It has been iterated many times but I'll make it as clear as possible:

The only place where carry is prohibited under MGLs is schools, unless otherwise permitted by the school.

Federal property, of course, comes under federal law, and other agencies/businesses may make their own rules.

The church thing is only an issue in a few of the "new CCW" states. None of the NE states have a church ban. IIRC there are only a few states in the US that have church bans.

-Mike

I saw a story recently about Rabbi's in NY IIRC who were learning self defense tactics using firearms in various settings, including Temple because they felt they may be more likely to be a target because of their faith.
One of the smaller 2A groups, but certainly one of the most vocal is the Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership http://www.jpfo.org/

When I lived in MA and held a LTC there, I had no problems morally or otherwise carrying in a house of worship.

The church thing is only an issue in a few of the "new CCW" states. None of the NE states have a church ban. IIRC there are only a few states in the US that have church bans.

-Mike

Thanks, Mike. I didn't think there was a specific statute, but then again I didn't know until recently that there was a specific one about carrying while intoxicated.

Back
Top Bottom