CC in NH

tjtoolbox

NES Member
I am going camping in NH in about a week. Can I CC in the state? I will be in a private campground most of the trip but will go out to day events and restaurants, should I for see any problems? I do have a MA. Class A LTC. All comments welcome, Thanks.

I am going camping in NH in about a week. Can I CC in the state? I will be in a private campground most of the trip but will go out to day events and restaurants, should I for see any problems? I do have a MA. Class A LTC. All comments welcome, Thanks.
No, you can't.

You can only carry concealed in NH if you have a NH resident or non-resident license. You can open carry in NH, but note that carrying (even openly) in a car is considered concealed carry and requires a NH CCW.

The democrat controlled legislature bumped the out of state fee up to $100 last session too. One of the many nickle and dime taxes last session that will likely having them out on their asses come November.

The democrat controlled legislature bumped the out of state fee up to $100 last session too. One of the many nickle and dime taxes last session that will likely having them out on their asses come November.

Lets hope so otherwise we will truly become MassNorth.

You know I do agree with you but if it means protecting my love ones or not, I choose to protect no mater where I am, I will worry about the outcome after the fact. Hope that you understand my feelings.

Last edited:
You know I do agree with you but if it means protecting my love ones or not, I choose to protect no mater ware I am, I will worry about the outcome after the fact. Hope that you understand my feelings. Joe
You can get a NH non-resident CCW with minimal effort for a small amount of money. You don't need to risk any legal entanglements -- just use a little planning.

In the meantime, while you await your newly applied for NH non-resident CCW, there are plenty of places in MA and VT to go camping.

Last edited:
You have options without putting your LTC in jeopardy. Keep your weapon unloaded while in the car and open carry loaded when outside the car. Why would you consider otherwise? A responsibly of maintaining a LTC is to follow the law. Lose it and then where will you be? I'd skip the camping trip if you feel that strongly.

You know I do agree with you but if it means protecting my love ones or not, I choose to protect no mater where I am, I will worry about the outcome after the fact. Hope that you understand my feelings. Joe

Wow!

Keep your a$$ in Mass then. We do not want you here!

Your Mass LTC will be reciprocally honored in NH when our license is accepted in MA... until then we need a Non Res to even possess there and you need a non res to CC here...
You are free to open carry, and you can have a loaded gun in your tent or camper. You can't CC or open carry a loaded pistol in a car.
With no license we have zero legal ability to do anything if we visit Mass...
The non resident permit in NH is easy to obtain- mail in the form and a copy of your license and $100 (for 4 years), it's been taking a week to get, while the non res in MA is hard to get (must visit Chelsea, get fingerprinted and interviewed and wait months, and pay $100 for a year, then repeat).
If that offends you, sorry. If you think NH is such a dangerous place that you should just ignore our laws and CC anyway, ok then. Hope you don't get arrested, then your LTC in Mass will go away...

Your Mass LTC will be reciprocally honored in NH when our license is accepted in MA... until then we need a Non Res to even possess there and you need a non res to CC here...
You are free to open carry, and you can have a loaded gun in your tent or camper. You can't CC or open carry a loaded pistol in a car.
With no license we have zero legal ability to do anything if we visit Mass...
The non resident permit in NH is easy to obtain- mail in the form and a copy of your license and $100 (for 4 years), it's been taking a week to get, while the non res in MA is hard to get (must visit Chelsea, get fingerprinted and interviewed and wait months, and pay $100 for a year, then repeat).
If that offends you, sorry. If you think NH is such a dangerous place that you should just ignore our laws and CC anyway, ok then. Hope you don't get arrested, then your LTC in Mass will go away...

I couldn't agree more. Should you need a license? ABSOLUTELY NOT, but if you ignore the law and choose to CC anyways than you can not call yourself a law abiding gun owner. You are a criminal, whether you are caught or not. If one of us NH residents gets caught CCing in MA without a MA non-res LTC most folks here would be yelling to through the book at him.

My MA non-res renewal took longer than expected and I was without a valid MA LTC for a few months. I simply didn't CC in MA until I received my renewal. I also avoided traveling to MA with my family and kept my visits to MA to 'work only'.

If you think things suck to get a NH non-res then try getting a MA non-res sometime. It's a real pain in the ass and $100 per year. It never ceases to amaze me when a MA resident has the balls to bitch about NH law. MA is communist Russia compared to NH.

Speak for yourself. I have no problem with the attitude and mindset of self-reliance.

You can get your a$$ back over the border also.

This guys wants to come to our home, break our laws and then go on his merry way home like it's nothing. I see it day in and day out. If that's what you want to do, just stay the hell home.

As a holder of Mass LTC A n/r and a Non Res NH and a retired LEO, I say let him be a poster child on how to loose an LTC. It's guys like him that give the rest of us a black eye. IMHO

This guys wants to come to our home, break our laws and then go on his merry way home like it's nothing. I see it day in and day out. If that's what you want to do, just stay the hell home.

I'm with Gonzo on this.

I break laws in my home state too.

I have read all of your comments and I do agree with them so after a lot of thought I will leave the Firearm at home and carry Pepper Spray. I hope that that is not against the NH gun laws.

I have read all of your comments and I do agree with them so after a lot of thought I will leave the Firearm at home and carry Pepper Spray. I hope that that is not against the NH gun laws.

No license or anything like that is required to carry, own, or use pepper spray. Same applies for a Taser/stun gun.

I do encourage you to apply for the non-resident permit. It is simple to fill out, relatively cheap (compared to the MA non-res), lasts 4 years, and if you can own a gun you can get the permit. No interview required, no BS restrictions. You get the same license a resident gets (though the non-resident is physically better as it is a plastic card not some flimsy piece of paper like the resident is).

I would but I only go to NH about once a year. I would be better off to get a Utah LTC, covers more states.

Utah NR won't cover NH.

Even at $100, $25/yr to be able to CCW there is worth it for that one trip/year ($25/trip). BTW, they now issue for MINIMUM of 4 years, so it is 4 yrs+to the last day of your birth month for the initial issue (that was after a court case or ruling of some sort).

As a holder of Mass LTC A n/r and a Non Res NH and a retired LEO, I say let him be a poster child on how to loose an LTC. It's guys like him that give the rest of us a black eye. IMHO

A black eye? It is much worse then that. It's guys like him who make it so much easier for the anti's to ram their tighter restrictions upon us all.

Wow I see a lot of non green members replying here.

Are these the same people who would be for voting Lynch? He's way ahead in the polls.

Or are they the people that don't vote at all?

You People in NH are going to lose Your State if You don't Act Up.

You can say everything you want about MA. There coming for You too.

Are these the same people who would be for voting Lynch? He's way ahead in the polls.

And your point is?

And, just to be clear, the only reason we are loosing our state is because of the southern border hoppers, bringing their crap here.

Hey Jackass- I was born here.

I always love when people from out of state comment on what's happening or will happen in this state. The commentary is almost exclusively alarmist, and almost always runs counter to the evidence (on just how Mass-immigrants actually vote). I guess it's true that misery loves company.

Lynch is no favorite of mine (can't stand the guy, personally, either), but he's going to win for two main reasons, IMO:

1. The Republicans don't have a big-name, big gun to run against him. I like John Stephen, and I'm certainly voting for him, but he doesn't have big-name recognition in the state.
2. But the big reason is Newton's First Law. "A body in office remains in office unless acted upon by an outside force." Lynch has worked hard to be Mr. Make No Waves. He's done nothing to attract attention to himself, either in a positive or negative way. Don't get me wrong, the guy's a died-in-the-wool Democrat, but he's skilled at not taking any position that could be a lightning rod. The closest he came was signing the f***ing Gay Marriage law, but since the Legislature passed it, he can always fall back on "hey, they passed it. I just signed it."

Absent some big-name opposition (Sununu, Gregg, etc) or big-time f***-up on Lynch's part (think Craig Benson), people are just going to vote a half-hearted "Meh," and keep the guy.

So, yes, Lynch will win.
But so will Kelly Ayotte
And Charlie Bass
And (I think) Frank Guinta

And in 2008, arguably the worst year to be running as a Republican for anything, the Republicans picked up 17 seats in the NH House. Got that number? In a shitty year to be a Republican, they picked up 17 seats. I'm feeling pretty good about where the House and maybe Senate are going in the State.

So, either move here and vote (best answer), or keep your doom-and-gloom commentary on your side of the border. I think you have enough going on over there to keep you busy.

Last edited:
I always love when people from out of state comment on what's happening or will happen in this state. The commentary is almost exclusively alarmist, and almost always runs counter to the evidence (on just how Mass-immigrants actually vote). I guess it's true that misery loves company.

Lynch is no favorite of mine (can't stand the guy, personally, either), but he's going to win for two main reasons, IMO:

1. The Republicans don't have a big-name, big gun to run against him. I like John Stephen, and I'm certainly voting for him, but he doesn't have big-name recognition in the state.
2. But the big reason is Newton's First Law. "A body in office remains in office unless acted upon by an outside force." Lynch has worked hard to be Mr. Make No Waves. He's done nothing to attract attention to himself, either in a positive or negative way. Don't get me wrong, the guy's a died-in-the-wool Democrat, but he's skilled at not taking any position that could be a lightning rod. The closest he came was signing the f***ing Gay Marriage law, but since the Legislature passed it, he can always fall back on "hey, they passed it. I just signed it."

Absent some big-name opposition (Sununu, Gregg, etc) or big-time f***-up on Lynch's part (think Craig Benson), people are just going to vote a half-hearted "Meh," and keep the guy.

So, yes, Lynch will win.
But so will Kelly Ayotte
And Charlie Bass
And (I think) Frank Guinta

And in 2008, arguably the worst year to be running as a Republican for anything, the Republicans picked up 17 seats in the NH House. Got that number? In a shitty year to be a Republican, they picked up 17 seats. I'm feeling pretty good about where the House and maybe Senate are going in the State.

So, either move here and vote (best answer), or keep your doom-and-gloom commentary on your side of the border. I think you have enough going on over there to keep you busy.

There it is folks.

</thread>

Back
Top Bottom