Caught on tape: ManchCops question Ridley Report

I am sorry and I might be in the minority here but this guy is a jerk.

The way I see it he just loves stinking his fingers in the “government’s eyes. Yes, he has the right to do what he is doing but the last police office makes good point. Mr. Ridley doesn’t like it when he is asked questions but people also have a right not to have him in their faces. If the Police get a harassment complaint weather valid or not, they have an obligation to investigate it. One day, Mr. Ridley is going to go just a bit too far and then he’ll find himself in the back of a cruiser with little bracelets on.

He's not doing any of us any favors by his antics.

+1
"I just tried to shake hands with the officers and they declined" Ummm....alrighty then [rolleyes]

The way I see it he just loves stinking his fingers in the “government’s eyes. Yes, he has the right to do what he is doing but the last police office makes good point. Mr. Ridley doesn’t like it when he is asked questions but people also have a right not to have him in their faces. If the Police get a harassment complaint weather valid or not, they have an obligation to investigate it. One day, Mr. Ridley is going to go just a bit too far and then he’ll find himself in the back of a cruiser with little bracelets on.

I doubt that you're in the minority. This is about the 5th video (and last) that I've seen and I find him to be extremely annoying, at best. Turns me completely off with regards to "freestaters."

Forgive me guys for disagreeing.

I admire the man's ability to not comply with the police.

Every question those officers were asking was for one purpose...to find enough information to arrest him.

We all would do well to understand what our rights are under the US Constitution against self incrimination.

One day you may wish that you had a better grasp of what information you are required to give to the police.

those cops had a lot of patience, ill give them that much.

what should the guy have done? Admit to the police that he "harassed" people?

Should he have given them identification...date of birth?

Are you comfortable with the police stopping you in a public place and demanding papers...or forcing you to incriminate yourself?

In America we are supposed to be protected from these things.

I think some of the problem here is that you guys are not seeing the big picture.

You seem to have the mindset that we should comply with commands from authorities as a courtesy...or because we have nothing to hide.

You need to watch this video: http://www.regent.edu/admin/media/schlaw/LawPreview/

I personally wouldn't give information to LEO that wasn't necessary. Am I trying to make their life harder? No way; it's hard enough for them. What I am (And Ridley) is doing is standing up for our rights.

It's one thing to say he was harrassing the lady and really mean it, but if he was really harassing the lady wouldn't he have a court hearing? Wouldn't he be in more trouble?

From what I could tell he seemed to question what who they were working for as from his perspective they were working for the city/state government. Without video/audio of the incident the exact nature is hearsay between Ridley, the LEO, and the lady/young adults.

But so long as Ridley is walking free, IMO he hasn't done anything wrong.

He'd be a lot smarter if he took the attitude of working WITH the cops to build an alliance working in the same direction to protect the EXISTING right rather than sticking a sharp stick in their eye every chance he gets.

Ridley's attitude isn't going to help protect the rights he has, it COULD build support for laws to end them, especially with all the hysterical liberal MA transplants that have moved to NH.

He'd be a lot smarter if he took the attitude of working WITH the cops to build an alliance working in the same direction to protect the EXISTING right rather than sticking a sharp stick in their eye every chance he gets.

Ridley's attitude isn't going to help protect the rights he has, it COULD build support for laws to end them, especially with all the hysterical liberal MA transplants that have moved to NH.

Something I learned in one of my college poly-sci courses many years ago:

REVOLUTIONARIES don't want the situation to get better. They actively work to make it worse. If things get better, nobody feels the need to join their movement. The worse it gets, the more people join.

Regards
John

I admire the man's ability to not comply with the police.

Every question those officers were asking was for one purpose...to find enough information to arrest him.

We all would do well to understand what our rights are under the US Constitution against self incrimination.

One day you may wish that you had a better grasp of what information you are required to give to the police.

Without seeing what went down between him and the "children" it would be hard to make a firm choice but by default I usually tend to side with the above.

He made a good argument that we should know what those people were up to if it was state funded. However depending on HOW he was doing it, the cops could have a legitimate reason to bust him for it.

As for him being irritating, I think he would be much more successful if he didn't do his advertising in such a goof ball sort of way. This kind of reporting needs to be done seriously.

Something I learned in one of my college poly-sci courses many years ago:

REVOLUTIONARIES don't want the situation to get better. They actively work to make it worse. If things get better, nobody feels the need to join their movement. The worse it gets, the more people join.

Regards
John

Please tell me you're kidding.

This guy is a pain in the ass he is not helping the cause of Libertarianism. He is making "look at me! I stand up to the police!" videos. He is more of a sensationalist that the Liberal Media. Referring to a teens group as a "Mysterious and Shadowy Government Organization attempting to interfere with the political process". Come on buddy grow up. They were kids getting city jobs. If I was supervising them I wouldn't want some ass distracting them by trying to get them to sign some foolish petition while I was trying to get teenagers to work.

there's a line that when crossed, the reporter--or in this case, the blogger--ceases to be the reporter and becomes the story. all journalistic traits become lost and you end up with your average jack-ass with a camera.

sort of like this guy:

Geraldo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom