• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Carrying in your vehicle

Nashmack

Banned
Right now I'm on paid administrative leave from my company, because one of my higher ups found out that I have a pistol permit and I carry in my own personal vehicle while I do routes in Manchester, Derry, Londonderry, and windham for the Boston Globe. They're telling me that I can't even though it's MY vehicle which I pay for, that has MY name on the title, registration, and insurance. They're also threatening me with termination. Does anyone have experience with anything like this? Can anyone tell me what my legal options are? Any help in this matter would be MUCH appreciated.

The company I work for isn'e even out of Mass. It's out of Maryland. The Globe does almost NONE of it's own distribution, they only drive their leftist crap to the depots where third party contractors (Worcester Telegram & Gazette, Nashua Telegraph, New Bedford Standard Times, etc.) or my company (PCF Inc.) distribute it.

The Leader's a fine paper, the only problem is that you have to do collections and if someone doesn't pay then you have to carry them for 3 weeks.

Nashmack said:
The company I work for isn'e even out of Mass. It's out of Maryland. The Globe does almost NONE of it's own distribution, they only drive their leftist crap to the depots where third party contractors (Worcester Telegram & Gazette, Nashua Telegraph, New Bedford Standard Times, etc.) or my company (PCF Inc.) distribute it.

The Leader's a fine paper, the only problem is that you have to do collections and if someone doesn't pay then you have to carry them for 3 weeks.

http://smartcarry.com/

Nashmack said:
NEAT! It almost looks like I c an fit my K frame and a J frame in that![smile]

I have the medium, and my J frame or my full size P99 fits. The P99 isn't exactly comfortable, but it works. I think if you get the large, made for 1911's, you could fit a full size auto on one side and a J frame on the other. It works well when it's not even safe to leave it locked in the car, like when I'm having service done.

I can only speak of my J frame and P99, but once you find the "sweet spot" with the P99, there's only a slight handle print around your right pocket. The holster sits completly in your pants, so it doesn't matter what shirt you're wearing, you could conceal at the beach in only swim trunks. There is a penalty for draw time, but it's better than nothing.

I was on the route and I had extra materials, on of my higher ups was doing a route in an adjacent area, and was short materials so he called me and met me on Valley St in Manchester. I was open carrying at the time as the route I was doing goes around O'Malley, up and down Calef, and up and down Elm in Manchester. He asked me if it was loaded and I showed him my permit. Keep in mind this was on a public street, not on company property. A few days later they told me my car was company property, even though they don't own it.

Nashmack said:
I was on the route and I had extra materials, on of my higher ups was doing a route in an adjacent area, and was short materials so he called me and met me on Valley St in Manchester. I was open carrying at the time as the route I was doing goes around O'Malley, up and down Calef, and up and down Elm in Manchester. He asked me if it was loaded and I showed him my permit. Keep in mind this was on a public street, not on company property. A few days later they told me my car was company property, even though they don't own it.

Send them a bill for all the gas you use, all repairs you do on your car, and your insurance bills. See if you can get them to give that to you in writing (that you car is their property) first.

I get reimbursed .44 and a half cents per mile. They don't reimburse for repairs, consumables (brake pads tires etc) or insurance. They require me to keep a higher level of insurance on it, which costs me more, they require me to use my car like a truck (I've done brake pads and shoes every month since I've started) and they break a lot of their own rules at the office. They require me to use the electric pallet jack and walking stacker, I'm not certified on either and whenever I ask to be certified they either blow me off or flat out refuse, even though I cant do my job without either of them. We have 4 no smoking signs up in the office, one of which measures 4' x 4', and yet one of the supervisors and the branch manager smoke so much that you can barely see across the room because of the smoke. They leave pallets on their ends (standing up) which from what I recall costs the company about $5,000 every time OSHA sees one. The cords to the strapping machines we use are frayed and crushed.

Document all of this, get it on film if possible, find another job, and report them. Get them screwed to the wall. It's this kind of BS leftist crap that's threatening NH. It needs to be crushed!

This company I work for is based in MA. They were going to institute a policy where you couldn't even have a gun in your car. That recently got changed to, "please don't bring it into the building".

I'd like to hit my company in the wallet for this one, because I know that's where it'll hurt em the most. They're allready very deep in the red right now.
Because this is a 2A issue I don't believe in cedeing the point to the anti gunners, the second amendment's lost too much ground in this country allready.

I don't know why you would ever open carry. you're just looking for trouble esp. while working. The company prob felt threatened by this and felt it doesn't represent the company the way they want to be represented. Is open carry legal in NH? I know it isn't in MA.

Pete

PistolPete said:
I don't know why you would ever open carry. you're just looking for trouble esp. while working. The company prob felt threatened by this and felt it doesn't represent the company the way they want to be represented. Is open carry legal in NH? I know it isn't in MA.

Pete

Not to nit Pete, however, the MGL's do not state that carry must be concealed. And yes, open carry in NH is legal from what a resident has told me.

Here's the way I see it- never open carry. Now that they know it, the company (whether anti gun or not) doesn't want the possibliity of being liable for an employee involved in any incident- that's why they require you to have certain insurance coverage I'm sure. Even though it's your car... and it is your car, you are still operating as an employee of the company.

It's not JUST guns that people are freaked out about.. it's our "sue for everything society" as well.

I agree with the other posters -- don't open carry. You set yourself up for that one.
which from what I recall costs the company about $5,000 every time OSHA sees one.
So call OSHA then.

I've carried various models of a J-frame for years while working for non-gun friendly companies. Buy pants that are very loose like cargo style in 1 size to large. Wear with a belt to keep them up. Stow small pistol or revolver in one of the six pockets. Kohls sells them for $25 a pair. People thimk you are trying to look like a punk, but the trade off I've never been spotted because the print disappears with a decent pocket holster.

Back
Top Bottom