Carry Question

Will I be able to carry being on the boat and all?
You need to find out if the boat will get to within 500 feet of Logan Airport to answer that from a legal perspective. If you call and ask, expect an answer more driven by the personal preference of the operator of the boat than actual law.

I don't think that ANY (non-police) boats are allowed within 500' of Logan Airport for security reasons. If that is the case, there is no need to worry about that issue on a commercial boat.

If you want to be 100% sure you can always ask to speak with the captain of the boat when you get there. If it is a problem I would assume that he would secure the firearm for the duration of the boat ride. I don't know where the boat goes or anything but ultimately it is up to the captain of the boat. But also, if there aren't any metal directions or any information regarding any sort of weapons policy then you have to assume that it is ok.

I'm not sure if its the same, but I recently went on the Spirit of Boston Cruise.

Everyone was searched and patted down before the boat. I never read anything about CCW or not, but
I assume a search meant they don't want firearms aboard their ship. I was contemplating carrying that
day, too. Close call.

Most likely there are guidlines you can find online for the ship. I've been working on the vineyard for about 8 weeks now and the steamship authority spells out that you must tell an employee you are carrying upon entering the property. I did this once, and no one seemed to care, so I have not since. They do wand people from time to time but I stay in my truck with the firearm as they instructed me to do.
Maybe put in a phone call and randomly inquire. It would suck if your night was screwed up by a crew member on a power kick.

I'm not sure if its the same, but I recently went on the Spirit of Boston Cruise.

Everyone was searched and patted down before the boat.

I'd be willing to bet the cruise was one in which there was a cash bar rather than an open bar paid by the sponsor of the outing. Venues such as the Spirit of Boston as often more concerned with people stealing alcohol profits by bringing their own drinks as they are about weapons.

I've been working on the vineyard for about 8 weeks now and the steamship authority spells out that you must tell an employee you are carrying upon entering the property.
It works really nicely if you have a bunch of long gun cases and are a walk-on. Rather than find space in a cart and hope nobody steals your stuff, you wait while a crew member takes the cases to the bridge for you and delivers them to you at the end of the trip. Great service.

Back
Top Bottom