Carry in Vermont on Mass LTC-A?

Looking for advice, opinion, experience. Travleing to Vermont in March by car, direct route Mass to Vermont and was wondering if Vermont Gun Laws (or lack of) allow non-residents to carry concealed, open, transport, etc. Reviewed their laws but could not find anyting on non-residents. Other web searchs claim that Vermont makes no distinction between residents and non-residents for the purpose of ownership, or carry. For purchase in Vermont, you must conform to your resident state laws...etc.
Thanks.

IANAL:
If you are in Vermont and you have the legal right to own it you have the legal right to carry it concealed is my understanding.

Eddie, you can carry concealed in VT on the basis of being over 18 and not planning to commit a crime. No LTC needed.

Just leave your silencers home... they're illegal in VT.

Looks like it's only a fine if you possess it with the intent to use or sell it. Possession alone is not enough for a fine (a collector could possess maybe?)

A person who manufactures, sells or uses or possesses with intent to sell or use, an appliance known as or used for a gun silencer shall be fined $25.00 for each offense. The provisions of this section shall not prevent the use or possession of gun silencers for military purposes when so used or possessed under proper military authority and restriction.

Gotta love that. In MA, it's a felony. In VT, it won't even cost you as much as a tank of gas.

For some reason, I thought Federal law required age 21 for handguns?

For purchase, I believe, not for possession. There is no federal law regulating concealed carry or open carry on any land that is not federal property.

VT gun laws are the biggest reason I hunt in VT.

In Vermont I can (and have) walked down the street with a rifle on my shoulder, walk into my favorite coffee shop (this friendly little place in the center of Bellows Falls), and get my breakfast.

In Massachusetts, I would get about 50' with a shotgun on my shoulder before being tackled and arrested. The media would then print a story about the lunatic with ties to multiple right-wing extremest organizations, who was caught with a super-high capacity automatic assault rifle made to shoot down airplanes and thousands of baby-seeking bullets, on his way to a convention for African Americans, Hispanics, and homosexuals.

On a side note; anyone have any property for sale in VT?

Don't be fooled by the gun laws, VT has more moonbats per capita than MA. Gun laws are in the state constitution, and they seem to have figured out that if they leave the gun laws alone they can(and have) passed everyting else they could ever want. Well not everything the hippies have yet to shut down a nuke plant. Maybe next week. VT is a lefty shithole.
Yup, no license required to carry open or concealed in VT.

Like I always say; a Vermont Democrat is like a Massachusetts Republican.

Don't be fooled by the gun laws, VT has more moonbats per capita than MA. Gun laws are in the state constitution, and they seem to have figured out that if they leave the gun laws alone they can(and have) passed everyting else they could ever want. Well not everything the hippies have yet to shut down a nuke plant. Maybe next week. VT is a lefty shithole.

They may be moonbats, but they have yet to figure out how to exploit the system like the Mass moonbats do, so they're fairly harmless.

For some reason, I thought Federal law required age 21 for handguns?

This is only for purchase of handguns from an FFL and purchase of handgun ammunition from an FFL. Many free states have laws that are more reasonable than the dumber than hell federal standard... (Where you can die for your country at age 18 but you can't buy a f***ing handgun or have a beer, drives me bats**t.... )

-Mike

They may be moonbats, but they have yet to figure out how to exploit the system like the Mass moonbats do, so they're fairly harmless.

Far from harmless. VT is great to visit and play be wary of moving there or trying to build/hold anything in VT.

They have great breweries!! The moonbats did succeed in making this headline..

During the past three decades, Vermont's state and local tax burden has consistently ranked among the nation's highest. Estimated at 10.3% of income, Vermont's state and local taxes rank 8th highest nationally, above the national average of 9.7%. Vermont taxpayers pay $4,410 per capita in state and local taxes.

I pay 5% in CT..I would pay 7.2% in VT. Sales tax is 6%..same a CT...

Last edited:
Don't be fooled by the gun laws, VT has more moonbats per capita than MA.............Well not everything the hippies have yet to shut down a nuke plant. Maybe next week. VT is a lefty shithole.

Having grew up there, I don't think the hippies/liberals are of the same caliber as the one we have here in MA. I can't place my finger on it, but IMO they aren't drinking the same Kool Aide.

In VT you need a permit for everything except carrying a gun. Mind you enforcement in most places is lax, but are the requirements are still there. Taxes and worker comp laws along with building regulations have killed what little economy they had. They are trying really hard to ban ATVs on all state property, and unlike other NE states there is no land set aside for atvs. VT is not a libertarian utopia, the gun laws are great everything else is the same old lefty crap. Except there are less people enforcing it. Mediocrity rules up there, and it is expensive in that strange way wherein groceries cost more in the ghetto. I've family and friends in VT for decades and didn't realize how bad it was until trying to live there. Fun place to visit we used to go up there on shooting safaris and have a blast, although the lakes are nicer in the Dacks and the mountains prettier in the Whites.

The danger of Vermont is thinking they don't have any gun laws. They do: lots of them, and they change every time you cross a political boundary. They don't have pre-emption, they have lots of local restrictions, and there are lots of places off limits.

I much prefer NH, because they have total statewide preemption, and this is the entire list of places off limits:
1. Courts.

The danger of Vermont is thinking they don't have any gun laws. They do: lots of them, and they change every time you cross a political boundary. They don't have pre-emption, they have lots of local restrictions, and there are lots of places off limits.

I much prefer NH, because they have total statewide preemption, and this is the entire list of places off limits:
1. Courts.

2. State House. Or has that been revoked already?

Vermont is one of a very small number of states in the country that haven't/won't adopt a 'Jessica's Law-equivalent' to place mandatory sentences on child predators.

I am a huge admirer of their lack of gun laws.

I'm not trying to be a dink here, but could you elaborate? Whats so bad there? Taxes? Laws? You are being very vague.

Take a look at there track record on prosecuting or even discouraging child molesters? Not very good to say the least. No Jessica's law??? Come on!!!!! I would not let my child out of my sight if I lived in VT including sending them to school up there. All the other comments about them being progressive moonbats are true. Do a search and you wont have far to look.

Back
Top Bottom