Carry a Gun?

USMA-82

NES Member
The latest "quip" from John Farnam. If you haven't taken a class from this man, you really need to - he's the real deal. Below is example of his way of thinking:

Carry a Gun?

"Police Protection" is a contradiction of terms! Police rarely stop crimes from taking place. Rather, we spend most of our time investigating offences, after the damage has been done, and after innocent victims have been permanently disabled/deformed or murdered.

Accordingly, I carry a gun, because I'm too young to be murdered, and too old to suffer crippling injury at the hands of violent criminals.

Thus:

I don't go armed, because I harbor a secret desire to kill people, any more than I wear a seat belt while driving, because I have some compulsive desire to become involved in traffic accidents!

I don't carry a gun, so that I can scare people. I carry a gun, because the world is a scary place!

I don't carry a gun as a delusional response to imaginary threats. I carry a gun, so that I can deal effectively with real threats!

I don't carry a gun, because I'm evil. I carry a gun, because I've already seen more evil than I ever wanted to!

I don't carry a gun, because I hate government. I carry a gun, because I've seen how woefully limited and impotent all governments are!

I don't carry a gun, because I'm angry. I carry a gun, so that I won't have to spend the rest of my shortened life being angry with myself for being naively unprepared.

I don't carry a gun, because I want to become involved in a lethal confrontation. I carry a gun, because I want to die of old age, surrounded by family, in my own bed, not alone and hemorrhaging on a dirty street.

I don't carry a gun, because I'm a Cowboy. I carry a gun because, when I die (of old age) and go to Heaven, I want to be a Cowboy!

I don't carry a gun, because it makes me feel like a man. I carry a gun because real men know how to take care of themselves, and the ones they love, and do so without apology!

I don't carry a gun because I'm "inadequate." I carry a gun, because, when unarmed and facing three brutish thugs, I am inadequate!

I don't carry a gun, because I love doing it. I carry a gun, because I love life!

At some point, all of us will have to wager our lives on the outcome of a single event. There are some things worth risking everything to save; some
things, without which, there will no longer be anything to live for! At that moment, you either step up to the plate, or slink away. Either way, you'll
never have another chance!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom