• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Car insurance reduction

Just got an e mail telling me my next bill will be discounted 15% due to the Covid 19 virus forcing people to stay home. Maybe there's a silver lining after all.

I think it was Allstate that recently announced they were returning 600 million in premiums due to people not driving much. Not sure how they determined who was driving less.

Use this down time to shop around.
we just bought a camper and while doing the insurance paperwork we looked around. Our agent deals with 6 carriers and she quoted us pricing including the new camper and both vehicles that raised our prices. Plus with the new year our rates went up as usual. I argued about it and had her do some research and she came back an hour later with a different company.
We now have MORE coverage and will be saving about 1k / year with the camper included.

f*** insurance companies. Always argue and bitch at them.

Can I still take the 15% off even if I'm driving more...? [rofl2]

Like I care.
Paid for the year.
Late again to the party.

This^
I always pay the bill in full when it comes, so I get the maximum discount and never pay a monthly finance charge.
Also, I don't have to worry about writing them another check again until next year.
I just paid it in February.

gpm-jpg.346254

It would be funnier if it weren't true^

I have two cars and I went from driving 500 miles a week to about 10.
And gas is really cheap right now, but I haven't needed any.
Now is when I wish I still had my old gas guzzling pickup truck because I can afford to drive it again.

Use this down time to shop around.
we just bought a camper and while doing the insurance paperwork we looked around. Our agent deals with 6 carriers and she quoted us pricing including the new camper and both vehicles that raised our prices. Plus with the new year our rates went up as usual. I argued about it and had her do some research and she came back an hour later with a different company.
We now have MORE coverage and will be saving about 1k / year with the camper included.

f*** insurance companies. Always argue and bitch at them.

Never confuse your "insurance agent" with your "insurance company". The first shops for insurance for you, you're paying them for their "expertise" and shopping abilities. The second writes policies for you and provides coverage.

If I were you, I'd be looking for a new agent.

Back
Top Bottom