• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Captain freed

when can we finally allow shipmates to be trained to use weapons such as firearms? SOunds like it is about time to get it to happen.

I love a happy ending. Now, let's bombard their coastal strongholds into oblivion. Leave no evidence that human beings ever inhabited those lands.

This is excellent news. What makes it even better is that these guys are Americans - and that a number of them are from this area. Instead of acting like sheep they took the initiative and fought back with what they were allowed to have. And in the end it worked out for them - no thanks to the U.S. government by the way.

There are no "yardarms" on modern warships - but they could still hang the dead pirates bodies off the front of the Bainbridge like they used to in the old days as warning.

I've been watching it on CNN. Apparently, one of the pirates went on the Navy ship to negotiate, and while he was there, a seal team went in and took out the rest. They interviewed the head of the Mass Maritime Academy, and he's pushing for all merchant ships to either be armed, or have armed US Military soldiers on board for protection against further attacks. Also, he stated that we should all celebrate today, but we should also remember that right now, there are still 200 sailors that are being held hostage by somali pirates, and someone needs to step up and do something.

I've been watching it on CNN. Apparently, one of the pirates went on the Navy ship to negotiate, and while he was there, a seal team went in and took out the rest. They interviewed the head of the Mass Maritime Academy, and he's pushing for all merchant ships to either be armed, or have armed US Military soldiers on board for protection against further attacks. Also, he stated that we should all celebrate today, but we should also remember that right now, there are still 200 sailors that are being held hostage by somali pirates, and someone needs to step up and do something.

It seeems that when the one pirate went on the Bainbridge to negotiate the Captain jumped overboard again and then the Seals opened up on the pirates.
You got to hand it to the Captain and Seals - they are Americans that got balls of steel. Makes me proud
Congrats to all - Job well done - Now blow the shit out of Somalia and end it for good.

Edit - you should watch the live feed from CNN its a riot - techs are setting up for the news conference and BSing - one was talking about a bj. Some one then said they were running a live feed. They just cut the sound

Last edited:
It seeems that when the one pirate went on the Bainbridge to negotiate the Captain jumped overboard again and then the Seals opened up on the pirates.
You got to hand it to the Captain and Seals - they are Americans that got balls of steel. Makes me proud
Congrats to all - Job well done - Now blow the shit out of Somalia and end it for good.

Edit - you should watch the live feed from CNN its a riot - techs are setting up for the news conference and BSing - one was talking about a bj. Some one then said they were running a live feed. They just cut the sound

Wow! That captain has quite the brass pair. And kudos to the Navy for not letting another chance to waste some skinny ass go to waste.

Blowing up the whole country is a waste of munitions. Just blow up the ports and all the boats, then let them all suffer living in that festering hell-hole.

Or, just stop sending them free food. It looks like they don't grow their own food or have anything of value to trade for food. The problem will then take care of itself.

Great news! If snipers took them out that's some very impressive shooting. From one moving platform at another. Amazing.
Now it's time to put armed teams on these ships. You could probably staff every ship that sails that region for a year with less money than one ransom.

Great news! If snipers took them out that's some very impressive shooting. From one moving platform at another. Amazing.
Now it's time to put armed teams on these ships. You could probably staff every ship that sails that region for a year with less money than one ransom.

Wait- the captain jumped off the lifeboat AGAIN? And this time SEAL snipers picked off the pirates when they poke their heads out? Or was it a forced entry?

I heard on the news that these merchant ships are not properly armed because the shipping companies cut corners where they can. Apparently it costs LESS to pay ransoms.

Last edited:
Well done, SEALS.
animatedsalute.gif

And as for the (unlamented) dead (pirates, that is)...
2up.gif

Arm the boats or as a annual training for reserveists ask have active tours on the boats and arm them with DM rifles and give them approriate training.

I think they should use a combination of Bombing raids and Naval gunfire and lay it on the whole somali coast.

Back
Top Bottom