• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Can you recommend a .22lr pistol?

I own and use revolvers, autos and conversion kits. In this case, I think a conversion kit will serve you best. Though you can buy an inexpensive .22 handgun, if you want something just like your Glock 19, get an Advantage Arms conversion kit. My son has one for his Glock 17 and loves it.

This. I have a .22lr 1911 conversion. They make one for Glocks. Good solution unless you really just want a new (whole) gun.

Check out a k-frame s&w 617 ten shot revolver.

Yes I’ve shot a bunch of different pistol calibers. I have a g19 and p365. I want something that resembles them for practice. I guess maybe a conversion for the g19?
I have an advantage arms slide that i bought after a lot of research. It has fed every single round of golden bullet and mini mags ive ever fed it. I think it was about $220, and id recommend it.

It would make a great top wnd for a P80 frame too, which i think brownells has for $80 right now. Go for a $50 lpk and youre into a .22 G19 for $350.

22lr revolvers are a hoot. If you’re in mass, not sure if the cheap ones are available for you?? My ‘made in mass’ h&r 929 is a favorite of anyone that tries it out. Can’t feed that 9 shot revolver fast enough!
Ruger sp101 is a hoot to shoot.
How about a Dan Wesson 722?...Mine's a tack driver:
1575401920099.png

Love my Mark3 22/45 with the volquartsen accurizing kit. Also can highly recommend the S&W 617 4” if wheel gun is your flavor or pick up an old Model 42!

If you ever shoot at Harvard or Shirley, let me know. I have several single and double action revolvers from Colt and S&W, a S&W model 41 and conversion kits from Advantage Arms and Tactical Solutions.

historicall many nice 22 pistols that have been made irrelevant by newer designs. the buckmark is perfect example. completely outdone by the SW22 victory which is a copy with improvements.

nowadays i would go with either a mark iv, SW22 or if $$ to drop a S&W 41 vs a volquartsen black mamba (gucci mark iv clone).

rimfire revolvers are a different animal. really wouldnt put them alongside an autoloader.

Back
Top Bottom