• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Can you bring your gun to vote?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/07/politics/can-you-bring-your-gun-to-vote/index.html

On Friday, a Trump supporter showed up to a Loudoun County polling station in Virginia, sporting a handgun in his waistband as he offered sample Republican ballots to voters outside.

"And as a voter, I felt intimidated," Erika Cotti told CNN. "As my son and I walked away, I heard the man with the gun say... you're voting for Crooked Hillary."

But elections officials say the man broke no laws, as Virginia is an open carry state -- meaning that individuals are generally allowed to carry an unconcealed weapon in public.

Technically no. Signs have no power of law in MA. But you can get arrested for trespassing if someone finds out and kick you out but you don't leave. Then again, it's MA, cops don't follow the laws.

Last place I would need to- it's a senior center and most of the voters look like they are patrons. Add to that I will probably be on way to or from work.

With terror threats allegedly being made on polling places today by groups like ISIS, the question you should be asking yourself isnt if its legal to carry, but instead how many extra mags you should bring.

Luckily I voted early, but otherwise it's at the highschool, so it's a no go

Even with posted signs I am not sure it would matter in ma would it?

Technically no. Signs have no power of law in MA. But you can get arrested for trespassing if someone finds out and kick you out but you don't leave. Then again, it's MA, cops don't follow the laws.

Signs are irrelevant in MA. CCW means nobody sees it anyway so if legal (not a school) carry on. No big deal.

Early voting benefit in MA, usually at Town Hall so other than Boston (don't know of others) with metal detectors, it was a non-issue.

Can you bring your gun to vote?

You can bring it, I'm not sure they will allow it to vote though unless its not ma legal then it can vote twice.

Our voting place is a price chopper so yeah, I am carrying, I always do. The voting area was a circus. People walking around the store with ballots, cop with nose buried in phone never looked up for the 10-15 minutes I was in line and 70-80 year old workers. They had zero control of what was going on.

the regional high school on the nh seacoast that i voted was very well organized. it took me longer to find a parking place and navigate the parking lot than to vote. Everyone in line was talking about how they had never seen so many people in line to vote.

Back
Top Bottom