Can the Boston PD add restrictions since I moved?

Hey all,

Sorry to ask a question again, but upon talking to some people face to face I'm a bit worried.

I got a class a unrestricted ltc in Franklin, MA, a very green town, this summer and purchased my first firearm, an M&P shield 2 weeks ago. I just moved to boston as I just graduated and took a job in Cambridge. I am only living in Boston for a year lease and am planning to move a bit out of the city next year. My license expires in 2022, but I wanted to know if BPD would restrict my license since I moved here. I sent in my change of address forms the other day.

Thanks everyone.

Your license is held by Franklin and only Franklin can make changes. Until you expire and reapply in the town you then live in, it is all Franklin.

Crackpot is right. Be aware that Boston has some restrictions on long guns that don't exist anywhere else in the state.

I deal with Boston and they are proactive in their enforcement of gun control. Make sure you do your COA by certified mail or walk it into licensing and have them time stamp it. Its a civilian staff headed up by a lieutenant that is usually on their way to retirement. They have a new one every 8 months to 2 years. The civilians act like they are LEO's and treat you terribly.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom