• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Can I sit on my front porch with a shotgun?

The other day I said,ok I am going to do it so I sat out on my front porch with my AR, and I didn't have one problem.A few cops drove by,and didn't even bother to look.I guess that went well,so next time I am going to take it out of the case.

The Sudbury river runs behind Wayland high school. We used to bring our shotguns to school and go duck hunting on the river before and after school. Guess where the shotguns were while we were in class? In a rack in the rear window of our pick up trucks, where they sat, uncased, in full view of anybody passing through the student parking lot. Nobody gave a rats ass. But, I don't recommend it today LOL

I will quote the Pro 2A Officer who gave me my Basic Firearms Safety course.

"Do you want to be the guinea pig?"

Legal or not I can almost guarantee you that you will have some kind of conversation with the police.

If you were a kid you would be expelled from school, even though you weren't in school, and you'd make the 5 o'clock news for being a threat to society.

I dislike this world we live in now.
This. Seems like people need to take a chill pill. Growing up (I'm 23), lots of the neighborhood kids ran around with bb guns and pellet guns shooting at stuff. Nobody cared, lots of people hunted and it just wasn't a big deal. The only time the cops got called about a gun was when a dad shot his rifle into the floor to kick his druggie son out of the house - and no charges were filed.

I used to clean my guns on my back patio until the my kids said the sheeple will call the cops and why deal with the aggravation

Last summer......was cleaning my shotguns and rifles in my garage (I own a raised ranch so it is an attached "garage under" design). Had the garage door open for fresh air as it was hot as hell out. Cruiser comes by and stops in front of my driveway and rolls his window down.......says "you are just cleaning them right?" I said "yeah why?". Cop says "no problem don't worry about it." I said "did someone call you?" He just shrugged his shoulders with kind of a "WTF" look and drove away........I took it to mean "yeah some sheeple neighbor of yours called us but don't worry about it.

Unreal.

Back
Top Bottom