Can I buy a glock from a guy in Rhode island ?

I am a mass resident with a class a ltc .I have a friend in RI that that has a used glock 21 gen 4that he wants to sell.
Can we go to a MA ffl and do the deal that way or is not possible to make that kind of sale.
thanks

Last edited:
No - out of state handgun purchases go between FFLs. RI FFL to MA FFL. Most MA FFLs will not transfer an out of state Glock; definitely will not if it's not pre-98 (except shady FFLs)

ETA: Gen4 - Only a shady FFL

Last edited:
here we go...... ibtl

you can transfer a firearm through an FFL for a sale made out of state. but good luck finding an FFL that will transfer. post 98 glock

No - out of state handgun purchases go between FFLs. RI FFL to MA FFL. Most MA FFLs will not transfer an out of state Glock; definitely will not if it's not pre-98 (except shady FFLs)

The first part of that is wrong. Interstate handgun sales under fed law - the handgun must be transferred to the buyer by an FFL in the buyer's state of residence but no "sender/seller" FFL is required. So the OP's idea to go to a MA FFL would have been possible if it weren't for the second part, which is basically right.

Try Northeast traders as a FFL....

They have been know for shady practices involving interstate ammo sales. Well being a rat at least.

Glock is evil in MA. Buy a 1911 instead if you want a 45acp pistol.

Sent it from iPhone 5 LTE

The first part of that is wrong. Interstate handgun sales under fed law - the handgun must be transferred to the buyer by an FFL in the buyer's state of residence but no "sender/seller" FFL is required. So the OP's idea to go to a MA FFL would have been possible if it weren't for the second part, which is basically right.

Really? So I can mail my gun to a FFL in Colorado and sell it to someone in CO? I was always under the impression if [a handgun] is going across state lines for a sale, a FFL deals with the transfer.

It must go through an FFL. If you can find a MA FFL to do it, go ahead. Good luck finding one though to accept that transfer in.

You might be able to find an FFL to accept the stripped frame in, assemble the gun, and file an FA-10. Of course, the AG might be a bit upset at your attempt to commit an unfair and deceptive trade practice against yourself.

Really? So I can mail my gun to a FFL in Colorado and sell it to someone in CO? I was always under the impression if [a handgun] is going across state lines for a sale, a FFL deals with the transfer.

That's right

If it's a handgun, a non-FFL may not mail it via USPS. Only FFL holders get to do that for some reason... so I think that leaves you to what, FedEx air service?

ETA: Gen4 - Only a shady FFL

Transfering Gen 3 and 4 glocks doesn't make you a shady FFL, it makes you an awesome FFL, who doesn't take crap from the AG

I am a mass resident with a class a ltc .I have a friend in RI that that has a used glock 21 gen 4that he wants to sell.
Can we go to a MA ffl and do the deal that way or is not possible to make that kind of sale.
thanks

find some one moving to mass and have them bring it for you

The only legit way to purchase it is for your friend to move to MA with it, then he goes through all the B/S getting his LTC, then he sells you via FA-10

Back
Top Bottom