Can I build a complete lower from LGS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at my LGS yesterday browsing and noticed a completed M&P 15 lower for a couple hundred bucks. I've been Googling all day but haven't found an answer, so I figured you guys could help me out before I go back next weekend. Assuming it is pre 7/20, if I were to buy it for a build, would I have to abide by the MA compliant rules (i.e. fixed 10 rd mags)? Sorry in advance if this is a dumb question, thanks!

It can't be pre 7/20 at a LGS I dont think, its gotta be pre '94

But speaking of rules, by strict wording only '94 and prior can be non compliant for features, pre 7/20's should follow the AWB wording, unless you listen to Maura and subscribe to the opinion that your post 94 rifle isnt a legal possession and as such it can't get any more illegal when it comes to running afoul of the AWB.

But speaking of rules, by strict wording only '94 and prior can be non compliant for features, pre 7/20's should follow the AWB wording, unless you listen to Maura and subscribe to the opinion that your post 94 rifle isnt a legal possession and as such it can't get any more illegal when it comes to running afoul of the AWB.

I should have really asked the dude behind the counter but he was swamped with customers. It was an M&P 15 and Wikipedia says they only started making them in 2006 so I am not sure what the deal is now.

I should have really asked the dude behind the counter but he was swamped with customers. It was an M&P 15 and Wikipedia says they only started making them in 2006 so I am not sure what the deal is now.

Maybe it was LEO only? Despite the FAQ from her Majesty explicitly stating otherwise many shops are carrying LEO only AR's.

Stating as fact dribble uttered by the AG, is not a good practice. Sure, she said this. The law as written does not agree. There is no case law post her barfing in public to determine truthfulness. At best, NO ONE KNOWS. So please don't make statements as if what she said was anything other than grandstanding

Stating as fact dribble uttered by the AG, is not a good practice. Sure, she said this. The law as written does not agree. There is no case law post her barfing in public to determine truthfulness. At best, NO ONE KNOWS. So please don't make statements as if what she said was anything other than grandstanding

I'm going to give a full scope and not the fudd scope thanks. It doesnt matter how you feel about the AG dribble, the fact is it's out there. Her website clearly states what she wants you to do and not do, and honestly she's got more power than you do.

This is the world you live in, run afoul of it to your hearts content if you wish, but that's for each person to make up their mind on their own with a full and complete understanding of the facts at hand.

I'm going to give a full scope and not the fudd scope thanks. It doesnt matter how you feel about the AG dribble, the fact is it's out there. Her website clearly states what she wants you to do and not do, and honestly she's got more power than you do.

This is the world you live in, run afoul of it to your hearts content if you wish, but that's for each person to make up their mind on their own with a full and complete understanding of the facts at hand.
Unfortunately your use of FUDD is inverted. You accept her mutterings as possibly being legally binding which would make "fudd scope" the opposite of what you say.

A lower is a lower is an unregulated piece of metal or plastic under MA law. That is a fact. Our AG tried to say that it was a component of an AW so an AW. Of course, should you build it into a rifle with a dedicated 22LR upper, it is not an AW. Should you build it into a rifle with a fixed magazine, it is not an AW. So the lower by itself is not part of an AW since no one knows what will be done with it even when you apply her [il]logic.

Stop spreading the FUDD

I know. You go by written law. Jack.

Whelp. I checked their wevsite and the receiver is listed as LE Only so I guess I answered my own question.

Mods, feel free to lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom