Can guns left in Florida Will, Go to a MA Resident ?

Cape Cod, MA (till we can escape to a free state)
Don't know if this should be here or MA Laws section, but here she is:
The scenario, in a nutshell:

'Joe gun collector' in Florida dies, and leaves, in his will, 99 firearms to 'John Smith' here in Mass. It's an impressive list, full of non-MA-compliant guns like Kimbers, 3rd gen Glocks, Berretta PX4 pistols, Springfield XD's, H&K MK23, etc.

Can John get them?
Is there a way to get them, legally, from there to here?
They probably/obviously need to be transferred here via FFL, but despite the fact they aren't MA compliant, can they be transferred?
Does the fact that they were left to John in the Will "override" that so he can take possession of them?

Thanks in advance for any info!

You bet you can! That's how I got mine from my (now deceased) Dad from Louisiana. Fill out the FA 10 for each one and register and you're GTG

No need for an FFL, just go get them (comply with FOPA - hint: don't stop in NJ or NY with a trunk full of guns)

Last edited:
You bet you can! That's how I got mine from my (now deceased) Dad from Louisiana. Fill out the FA 10 for each one and register and you're GTG

No need for an FFL, just go get them (comply with FOPA - hint: don't stop in NJ or NY with a trunk full of guns)

That's great news... now he just needs to find about 100+ FA-10 forms, which shouldn't be hard to find! [rofl]

They probably/obviously need to be transferred here via FFL, but despite the fact they aren't MA compliant, can they be transferred?
Does the fact that they were left to John in the Will "override" that so he can take possession of them?

If you do this, you will LOSE all the non-compliant handguns. Many LEOs will tell you that it requires an FFL . . . not only are they WRONG, but I have to question their motivation, because involving an FFL automatically means that any handguns not on the EOPS List that were out of state could NOT be transferred to a MA LTC-holder regardless of "inheritance". I think that at least some LEOs are telling people this INTENTIONALLY to prevent such guns from entering MA. [Especially since Chief Glidden's book has clearly stated that MGLs and Fed Law allow DIRECT transfer for inheritance with no FFLs involved anywhere for many years now.]

What if the inheritance includes:

A Post-Ban AR 15 with evil 6 position stock, bayo lug & FH?
Post-Ban AR mags?

I know that you can w/ non "list" guns, but what of those that are just plain evil in the eyes of MA?

Pretty sure I know... but... [pot]

Back
Top Bottom