can anyone suggest a place to refinish my AR

I sprayed my lower on my preban with Duracoat to match the original SP1 upper I had and it's been perfect for well over 5 years. That Duracoat process is easy and works just as advertised. Just follow the instructions and send your wife away for a few hours when you clean and heat the lower before finish.

Duracoat does offer a good match to most typical black uppers. And, no,duracoat is not reactive to brake cleaner, nor any oils.

Rome

If you were going for durability go for anodizing. It bonds with the metal. You an do it at home too, it's supposed to be pretty fun.

Duracoat is a paint. Pretty much anything painted will be eaten by brake cleaner.

Brake cleaner is fine on AR lowers, I use it on mine all the time. The non-chlorinated kind(green can at Auto Zone).I can't vouch for the red can.

Brake cleaner is fine on AR lowers, I use it on mine all the time. The non-chlorinated kind(green can at Auto Zone).I can't vouch for the red can.

yep, your right.
i know or a fact that the non chlorinated does not bother the normal AR finishes. the red can is more harsh, i used that on the mosin! haha

El Dench is crazy. he sleeps with them.... hence, the finish wore off [shocked]

he told me so today.

209A! he's crazy. [rofl]

hey Dench, get some more spray paint and actually use them to "spray" paint on the lower.

ok buddy?

id like to thank squished for providing duracoat and applying it to my lower.
id also like to thank terraformer for letting us hang out at his house and use his oven!
and even thank chetd, who supervised the entire thing! [rofl]

ill have pics of the lower up when we reasemble it tomorrow night!

thanks everyone for the suggestions

id like to thank squished for providing duracoat and applying it to my lower.
id also like to thank terraformer for letting us hang out at his house and use his oven!
and even thank chetd, who supervised the entire thing! [rofl]

ill have pics of the lower up when we reasemble it tomorrow night!

thanks everyone for the suggestions

Sounds like a union gig....1 to do the work, 1 to provide the space, 1 to "supervise"

Seems like I'm a bit late but for quick work I like Brownells Aluma-Hyde II. Takes a while to fully cure (about a week) for solvent use, but it holds up really well and the black matte is a great match.

heres the after look.

thanks for the help
greenm4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom