• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Can an employer tell you that you can’t bring a firearm to work?

Got three choices
1) follow the rules
2) carry concealed. I have never been called out for concealed carry, most people do not noticed someone carrying
3) don't work and support a company that is against the views you hold

Concealed is Concealed
As soon as you turn into that parking lot. Get that sheeple mindset
Should know who is 2nd and who is not.
Hi five and that special hand shake to those that do
And kittens and puppy videos to those that don't
and I up that bag of popcorn

1617475329298.jpeg

Curious how it works if youre a gov employee. Like if you work for the town or the DOT or whatever. 2A should apply
Yes I work for a town. I'm constantly complaining about the public entering and wandering around our yard. Ive almost pancaked at least a dozen of them with the john Deere over the years. Boss says the same thing every time....the yard and all of its buildings are public property. Cant keep them out.

I own my own business, lol. Got my office manager a Bodyguard for Xmas a couple of years ago. She's petite, had a P238, loved to shoot it but didn't like carrying cocked & locked in a belly band so we tried out a BG and she loved it so I got her one (plus accessories), carries it all the time. And she has keys to my house, alarm code, safe combinations & knows what do do if something happens to me. I also give my employees a cash bonus at Xmas every year too.

Is your last name Escobar?

Hey the government can force businesses to make cakes for gay weddings, hire trannies and any other crazy crap. That nonsense isn't GUARANTEED by the Bill of Rights. The least it can do is protect the God given NATURAL right of self defense.
Or, they could not make anyone do anything. I guess freedom is too much for some of us

Ok I did some research and this was stupid to say. No worries storing in any temp. My bad. Carry on.
Ok well then (to carry on my conversation with myself here), I found THIS:

“According to Rick Patterson, Managing Director of SAAMI, "In fact as long as your ammunition is stored at normal room temperatures with low humidity, it can function reliably for decades."

It takes more than just a warm day to detrimentally impact ammunition -- SAAMI believes the breakdown begins around 150 degrees Fahrenheit. There are very few environments where stored ammo can reach those extremes, but the trunk of a vehicle is one of them.

"Definitely avoid storing ammunition in a car on a hot sunny day- that's probably the single most likely scenario that could cause problems for the average shooter," Patterson explained. "With extremely high temperatures, you get rapid degradation of the ammunition components. The case and bullets are relatively inert in terms of temperature, but the chemical properties of the gunpowder and priming mixture can be affected ... Over time, you'll see a drop in performance, perhaps to the point of going click rather than bang."

So ...

89392E81-5DBE-427C-B1B3-ECB6738A7256.gif

If it means forcing a business to recognize a natural right then yes. The bill of rights are rights that are to be guaranteed. End of story.

Hey the government can force businesses to make cakes for gay weddings, hire trannies and any other crazy crap. That nonsense isn't GUARANTEED by the Bill of Rights. The least it can do is protect the God given NATURAL right of self defense.

Businesses also have the right to hire who they want and establish rules as long as they're legal. The Bill of Rights protects individual freedoms from intrusion by the government, it does not force businesses to adopt them. The First Amendment right isn't protected in the workplace, you can't spout off at your boss and expect to keep your job because muh God given rights. And if your employer says you can't carry on the job, they can't stop you from carrying but they sure as hell are within their rights to fire you if you do it on the job.

I
A great reminder that HR is not your friend, no matter how much they try to show that they are. Their boss/client is the company, not you.
HR disgusts me. People in HR positions disgust me. HR doesn’t solve problems but just makes them disappear. A monkey with a stick up it’s ass could fo most HR jobs.....and do them better than most HR people.

Isn't it funny that "libertardarians" get their panties in a bunch when the gubmint infringes on rights but not businesses.
Look at it from the other side, a true test of right and wrong.
If you owned a business, would it be right for someone else to tell you to allow/prohibit the possession of a thing on your property, inside your company? Like all rights should, property rights need to work both ways.

If it's the company's policy you can't carry...

Or...

I worked at a college, I couldn't even carry to work and then lock it up in my safe in my vehicle because it's on college property...

If I wanted to park off campus and lock it up in my safe then I'd be legal but there was no real safe or good parking available around the building I worked in so I was screwed...

Last edited:
"Definitely avoid storing ammunition in a car on a hot sunny day- that's probably the single most likely scenario that could cause problems for the average shooter," Patterson explained. "With extremely high temperatures, you get rapid degradation of the ammunition components. The case and bullets are relatively inert in terms of temperature, but the chemical properties of the gunpowder and priming mixture can be affected ... Over time, you'll see a drop in performance, perhaps to the point of going click rather than bang."

Which is another of the good reasons to shoot up your carry ammo every so often.

Which is unfortunate that they can fire you for carrying. Oh you're incorrect about the hiring whoever they want. If I owned a business and refused to hire gays, trannies, minorities or any other protected class. I'd be sued and shit outta luck.

There’s nothing unfortunate about it, as an employer I have the right to set the rules at my workplace. As a property owner I can limit who brings what on my property. Those rights are not superseded by your right to carry outside of work or on your own or public property.

You can hire whoever you want as long as you don’t discriminate 😉. As an employer I can get sued if one of my employees brings a gun to work and shoots someone, particularly if I allow/encourage firearms on premises.

Don't like your employer‘s rules? Find another job or start your own business.

Ok well then (to carry on my conversation with myself here), I found THIS:

“According to Rick Patterson, Managing Director of SAAMI, "In fact as long as your ammunition is stored at normal room temperatures with low humidity, it can function reliably for decades."

It takes more than just a warm day to detrimentally impact ammunition -- SAAMI believes the breakdown begins around 150 degrees Fahrenheit. There are very few environments where stored ammo can reach those extremes, but the trunk of a vehicle is one of them.

So ...

View attachment 468556
So Sammi says no go boom because of high temp.
Not igniting because of “cook off” temp reached.

Ok so it's ok to deny a natural right but not a civil right? Oh wait it's ok to deny a civil right as long as you don't get caught...wink wink.
And who said anything about not getting caught? Is that what you read into the wink? 🙄

Oh and another thing don't we always say if people are carrying they have the ability to stop someone who decides to start shooting up a workplace? I would think people would want to promote caring a firearm in a workplace just for the safety of everyone around I mean that's what we always talk about on here.
Yes, and if you read any of my previous posts you’d know I encourage my employees to carry & even bought my office manager a carry gun as a Xmas present. But that’s me, other employers have the right to set their own workplace rules.

Jesus guy the natural right to self-defense pay attention!
I must have missed that natural right enumerated in the Constitution. Also, denying a person the right to carry on private property is not denying them the natural right to self defense. They can avoid your private property if they don’t feel safe. What about the natural rights of property owners to decide who does what on their property?

[Can an employer tell you that you can’t bring a firearm to work?] Can an employer enforce this if you have ltc? Is there a way to overturn their policy?
  1. Yes.
  2. Probably.
  3. Maybe.

Don’t forget to place the iron rake with the tines facing down.
A matter of personal preference.
Gtno+rake+010+_c888b9039cc0e38c80064bc175188405.gif

I guess you can leave it securely locked in a secured lock box in your car but I’d worry about summer temps and ammo....?
Absolutely not a concern. Ever hear about ammo cooking off in Iraq? You could leave a fully loaded mag on the dash in Death Valley.
It's an old wives' tale that the Highway of Death
was caused by incessant strafing by ground-attack aircraft.

In fact, the Iraqis ran out of ice for their ammo boxes,
and it all cooked off.
1200px-Demolished_vehicles_line_Highway_80_on_18_Apr_1991.jpg

Say; is that Death Valley Dashboard Popcorn I see there?

I must have missed that natural right enumerated in the Constitution. Also, denying a person the right to carry on private property is not denying them the natural right to self defense. They can avoid your private property if they don’t feel safe. What about the natural rights of property owners to decide who does what on their property?
Declaration of Independence not Constitution — second sentence covers it (“life”):

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that 'the rights of Englishmen', but later changed to all men are created equal,[8] that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

It's done all the time. If I own a business there's certain standards that have been established by elected officials that have to be met. Apparently in our flipped over country the natural right to self defense ends when I choose to walk into a business. Somehow they become sovereign nations because they employ people. Oh unless it's the right to a gay cake which isn't a natural right, Then they must comply.

FIFY.

A small fix, but the only one that matters. Government can't infringe, largely because you can't voluntarily choose not to abide by its laws. But you can absolutely choose not to abide by any business' arbitrary policies, by simply going to some other business.

Don't we always equate the 2nd Amendment to the natural right to self defense? Also I think it's been pretty well established that you have a right TO your property but not whatever you want to DO on your property.
Do we? I never have. I stick to the Constitution and I try to stay way from terms like natural rights & absolutism. Not allowing someone to carry on your private property is not denying them any so-called natural rights.

<edit> my right to my private property also includes who is allowed on said property and what they are allowed to do on it. Within legal limits, of course

MA is an at-will state which means they can fire you for any reason or NO reason. They can fire you for carrying or for not carrying, for owning guns or not owning guns, for owning a 40 or not owning a 40. Get it?
I’m a contract employee not at will

Back
Top Bottom