Camping with guns.

steve8140

NES Member
I tried to search but didn’t find much.

What are the laws about camping with firearms in a camper. I’m specifically asking about a towed camper and not a drivable RV, and long guns.

-Is a camper considered a vehicle in which a firearm needs to be in a locked case if large capacity?
-Is it an extension of your home and a trigger lock or cable would suffice?

Obviously different laws would apply depending on where you are (state park, forest,)

I usually camp in NH... so I don’t worry about it. I’ve never seen any no firearms signs at any campgrounds in New Hampshire and I’ve camped in state parks in New Hampshire, hope i didn’t break any laws.....

I'm sure it depends on what state you're in. Even if they do have signs, don't hang your guns out the window or have them tied to the side of the camper. Don't even ask about it. Don't tell anyone you have guns in the camper. You would think this would be common sense by now.

I’m camping....so there’s probably a good chance I’m with kids and I am, young kids too. I don’t got my shotgun leaning in between my cooler and tent. Of course I have my shit locked up properly ( out of sight out of mind) but in a way I can quickly access it if need be. And since Constitutional Carry, I luv just holstering up for the day and doing good old fashioned New Hampshire things with the Fam!

The only state I’m concerned with is MA and all our bullshit.

All other New England states I’m good with.
I’ve only camped once in Massachusetts and it’s right on there “do not do list” no firearms allowed or alcohol. I was a one and done for camping in mass a very long time ago

If you have a license to carry it doesn't matter if you're in a camper or riding a unicycle. Just keep it on you or unloaded and locked. Personally, I'd just keep it concealed.

I’ve always camped in a tent and carried a handgun on my person so that’s never a problem.

We’re thinking about getting an actual camper but we do a lot of hikes and leave for the day and that’s where I want to know if the need to be in a case or not.

I like the idea of a mount like you would see in a police cruiser and keep them in a closet or under a bed.

I wouldn't leave a gun at my campsite unattended in a camper on a bet. Take them with you on your day trips.

When I used to camp out regularly people were pretty respectful of other camper's property. In today's world.....no way would I leave anything of value at a campsite.

I wouldn't leave a gun at my campsite unattended in a camper on a bet. Take them with you on your day trips.

When I used to camp out regularly people were pretty respectful of other camper's property. In today's world.....no way would I leave anything of value at a campsite.

If you go to the right places at the right times, there’s all the same respect and courtesy there was 40 years ago. That said, I do carry at 4-4:30 IWB.

When hiking, I carry IWB also.

I usually camp in NH... so I don’t worry about it. I’ve never seen any no firearms signs at any campgrounds in New Hampshire and I’ve camped in state parks in New Hampshire, hope i didn’t break any laws.....
Nope. States are different. Can't speak for Two-shits but in Connecticut, carrying on DEEP land is illegal, except for some very restrictive circumstances to do with hunting and target shooting at ranges that happen to be on DEEP property, e.g. High Rock.

Back
Top Bottom