• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

P/W muzzle brake with attachments

If I have a post banned AR with a pinned/welded muzzle brake on it, can I add a surefire warden on to it. I heard that it’s mass compliant as long as it’s on a P/W muzzle brake but wouldn’t that defeat the purpose of a P/W brake? Also was told the surefire warden isn’t a brake it’s just an attachment. I’m a little confused as to what makes it mass compliant IMG_7418.png

It’s legal it’s a blast mitigator not a flash hider in fact it’s a flash increaser. It doesn’t make the report for the rifle any quieter, infact down range it’s louder. The warden just forces the flash and blast forward not to the side.

Last edited:
It’s legal it’s a blast mitigator not a flash hider in fact it’s a flash increaser. It doesn’t make the report for the rifle any quieter, infact down range it’s louder. The warden just forces and flash and blast forward not to the side.
Prob would’ve just helped if I did research on the attachments itself but I appreciate the info. So as long as the muzzle is pinned and welded I can add attachments to the brake? Obviously not a suppressor and flash hider

The purpose of the P/W is to make it a legal length >16” because anything less is super scary and possibly an NFA item. Also, threads are super killy.

A Warden is not permanently fixed to the barrel, so it does nothing to make it less scary or killy. Unless you get a direct thread option and P/W to make it >16” but then burps super fireballz, so at a minimum I’d go with the QD option

The purpose of the P/W is to make it a legal length >16” because anything less is super scary and possibly an NFA item. Also, threads are super killy.

A Warden is not permanently fixed to the barrel, so it does nothing to make it less scary or killy. Unless you get a direct thread option and P/W to make it >16” but then burps super fireballz, so at a minimum I’d go with the QD optionI could
I would much rather P/W And add a removable surefire but I’ll look into the QD option not sure what it is

This got me thinking, is something like this kosher in MA (pin/welded)?

View attachment 827048

Could the MA overlords interpret this as a 'threaded barrel...'?
I almost bought a similar one until reading the comments and seeing people thank the manufacturer for making the thread pitch the same as their favorite solvent trap (car oil filter). It depends on your level of risk avoidance and likeliness of your weapons being inspected but this seems like a thing a MA prosecutor might love to jam someone up for.

I almost bought a similar one until reading the comments and seeing people thank the manufacturer for making the thread pitch the same as their favorite solvent trap (car oil filter). It depends on your level of risk avoidance and likeliness of your weapons being inspected but this seems like a thing a MA prosecutor might love to jam someone up for.

Its intended for their suppressors / blast shields, but yea.

They have different locking mechanisms for the same muzzle devices, e.g. this would probably be the 'safer' version due to the absence of threads.
1702392867869.png

Its intended for their suppressors / blast shields, but yea.

They have different locking mechanisms for the same muzzle devices, e.g. this would probably be the 'safer' version due to the absence of threads.
View attachment 827050
you realize the little ring in front of the flats is actually a threaded connection, right?

Fortunately, it's not "to accept a flash hider" so they've historically looked the other way.

Back
Top Bottom