• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Does anyone have recent experience with Lowell PD LTC issuance?

EMcKeresk

NES Member
I know Lowell PD has updated their website to remove language pertaining to restrictions, but has anyone gotten an LTC recently in Lowell that can comment on process, processing time, difficulties, etc.?

I've heard stuff like "You need to get fingerprinting done at a designated location, not the PD, but only heard that from one person that lives in NH, so not sure how much credence to grant it.

I have an appt. the first week in October, just curious what kind of resistance I'll encounter.

Thanks to anyone who can offer any up-to-date recent information!

Well, I can say the appt. went well, but I can also say that out of curiosity I called the status hotline yesterday and it said it was still with Lowell PD for review. So no movement from Lowell since 10/4. I'll be patient though. The officer I spoke with told me approximately 90 days (although the state site says they're pretty much up to date on apps right now "Currently approving and printing licenses that were submitted for review by police departments between September 18 and October 8."). So seems like the state is actually moving right along, but it just needs to get from the city to the state.

Well, I can say the appt. went well, but I can also say that out of curiosity I called the status hotline yesterday and it said it was still with Lowell PD for review. So no movement from Lowell since 10/4. I'll be patient though. The officer I spoke with told me approximately 90 days (although the state site says they're pretty much up to date on apps right now "Currently approving and printing licenses that were submitted for review by police departments between September 18 and October 8."). So seems like the state is actually moving right along, but it just needs to get from the city to the state.
I've applied in August submitted prints and everything same day, got confirmation of application submission the following week, called last week and it was just approved by local PD and pending state approval.

Lowell is a ShitDouche town, probably one if the worst in the state. Expect them to drag ass as long as they can.

Realized I never came back and reported the status. Had the interview with Lowell PD on 10/4/23. Received LTC on 2/9/24. So just over 4 months.
That's 3.5 months to long! If NH and ME can process and deliver a non resident license in two weeks, MA should be able to process any license in the same amount of time!

Back
Top Bottom