• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Camo Changing Colors

Czech researchers develop uniform with changeable camouflage - Info.cz
The uniform, developed at the department of materials engineering, has greenish colours in a forest, while the shades fade out in a drier and warmer environment thanks to thermochromic pigments in the material. The scientists will pass the special uniform prototype to the Military Research Institute for testing soon, Jonova said.

The Czech military uses two basic variants of camouflage - the traditional "forest" one with brownish and greenish shades and a lighter "desert" alternative to be worn in a dry environment, for instance, during missions in Afghanistan.

"However, in view of the current drought, the lighter variant of camouflage is more and more suitable even in the territory of the Czech Republic, for example, on a dry meadow," development section head Martina Vikova said.

The Liberec University has cooperated with the military in the field of camouflage for many years. It also serves as a laboratory to measure the camouflage colours. Experts from the university were also in the military working group that had designed the defence camouflage system

PFST!! US had this tech since the 80's....provided you were trying to hide in a a pastel forest.

il_794xN.1650750092_8b1j.jpg

I gotta say, after a lot of non-scientific research, that damned Coyote color blends in with damned near anything. Probably why coyotes are that color, eh?

That, and are we really that worried about camo in 2019??? Like camo THAT deep??? We aren't fighting whitetail deer in hand-to-hand combat. I would think modern warfare would eliminate the need for "extremely effective" camo anyhow.

I gotta say, after a lot of non-scientific research, that damned Coyote color blends in with damned near anything. Probably why coyotes are that color, eh?

That, and are we really that worried about camo in 2019??? Like camo THAT deep??? We aren't fighting whitetail deer in hand-to-hand combat. I would think modern warfare would eliminate the need for "extremely effective" camo anyhow.
Yup, droids and drones in our future.

Back
Top Bottom